Play Book Tag discussion

December 2019: 2005 > Total number of titles read in December for "2005"

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8129 comments And the total number of individual titles read for "2005" in December is 42.
https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

That is the lowest number of books read since March 2017 for Ireland (also 42).

Before that, the lowest was 39 for Time Travel (July 2015). 41 books read in October 2014 for Futuristic. December 2013 was India at 38 books. We read 39 books for China in September 2012.

And to find one lower than 42 before that, we have to go all the way back to PBT's very first month of existence in February 2008 for Historical fiction, 40 titles were read.

message 2: by Holly R W (last edited Jan 19, 2020 05:02AM) (new)

Holly R W | 1175 comments Thank you for posting the monthly stats. I always find them very interesting. I like seeing the titles of the books read. For Dec, I tried reading Freakonomics, but DNF it and so, did not review it.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8297 comments My guess is that when it comes to the year tags people don’t read more than one. Did we have exactly 42 people participate? With a tag like thriller, those same 42 might read between one and four in a month.

message 4: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8129 comments Amy wrote: "My guess is that when it comes to the year tags people don’t read more than one. Did we have exactly 42 people participate? With a tag like thriller, those same 42 might read between one and four i..."

The 42 is the individual number of titles, so if more than one person read the same book, it only counted once. But, of course, some people may have read more than 1 book.

You're probably right about people reading only one for the year tags. Unless something else just happens to fit.

message 5: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments We were all trying to catch up on Trim and Horizons!