Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Help Adding Book My Series on Goodreads

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Deidre-Ann (last edited Jan 18, 2020 10:35PM) (new)

Deidre-Ann Anderson (authordeidreannanderson) | 18 comments Hi,

While trying to edit the details of my book series (Before I realized I couldn't do this as an author) I noticed that my name had 2 spaces before my last name. Stupidly I went in and deleted a space from the author name from all three books. Now none of my trilogy show up on my author dashboard because it appears that my author profile also has an additional space. I promise I'm getting to the series issue (forgive me for the long winded post). Can you please help me change my author name to Deidre-Ann Anderson? (Additional Space removed before my last name).

Okay about adding the book to the series. My latest novel, Engulfed: A BWWM Secret Baby Billionaire Romance (Consumed by Heat, Book #3) is for some reason not currently linked to the existing Consumed by Heat series, despite having it in the title field.

Link to engulfed: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

Can you please assist with this two queries? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

message 2: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1608 comments Deidre-Ann,

The reason for the extra space before you last name is to disambiguate your books/profile from the other author with the same name. The space needs to remain to keep your profile and books separate, please do not remove it in the future. The extra space only appears on the edit pages. I have added the space back on all the books, so they should move back to your profile.

Having the series name in the title does not automatically make it part of the series, that needs to be done by a GR librarian. I have added the 3rd book to your series.

message 3: by Deidre-Ann (new)

Deidre-Ann Anderson (authordeidreannanderson) | 18 comments Miriam wrote: "Deidre-Ann,

The reason for the extra space before you last name is to disambiguate your books/profile from the other author with the same name. The space needs to remain to keep your profile and b..."

Ah I see, that makes sense. Thank you!!