What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Salvation (Salvation Sequence #1)
This topic is about Salvation
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. SciFi Future Earth Aliens in disguise. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie | 2 comments I was reading the sample for this book and it disappeared when I closed my app - now I can't find it and it's driving me crazy!
This is what happened in the first few pages:
Aliens on another planet discover humans have set off an atomic bomb. They debate among themselves how much to help/give humans and end up deciding not to give everything. They send a ship which travels to earth over 100 years. Ship is invisible and it gradually disintegrates while it creates four beings which are so similar to humans that you can't tell they're different unless you looked at their organelles.
Flash forward 40+ years. We're in NYC off 59th and Central Park south. A business man is interviewing a South American woman to be a security agent on a mission to investigate an alien object which has shown up off the coast of South America. In this meeting it is revealed the there is a planet humans have colonized that is "fully democratic" and has accomplished this by having it's population automatically switching gender every so often. Habitants are referred to with sie and hir pronouns. This does not seem to be central to the plot but more of a "oh and by the way". Also another species stopped by earth and gave people the capacity to bio-engineer organs and tissues - they are traveling to the end of the universe where they will meet their god, and have something called "the ark" this is another by the way and seems secondary to the plot. People now can live for well over 100 years but you can still tell that they are old.
That's as far as I got before closing the app to do something else. There's no history for books you read only the sample of. It's so aggravating! Please help

Conal (conalo) | 52 comments I believe this is Salvation by Peter F Hamilton

message 3: by Annie (new) - added it

Annie | 2 comments Ohmigawd! Thank you so much! Cue Bette Middler “did you ever know that you’re my hero?”

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Salvation (other topics)