Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Jim Henson's The Storyteller: Sirens
This topic is about Jim Henson's The Storyteller
Serieses! > Please add to Jim Henson Storyteller series

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Martin Gil | 58 comments Can someone please add this latest entry, Sirens (9781684154470), to the Jim Henson's The Storyteller series list below.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/2005...

Thank you much!

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13580 comments I don't think these collections of fairy tales constitute a series according to Goodreads policy.

Martin Gil | 58 comments They're already in a series. I linked the page right there. There wasn't a problem adding the last one when it came out...

Martin Gil | 58 comments From the Librarian Manual: "As a general rule, a book is only part of a series if that designation would apply to all editions of a work. To be a series, books should have characters and/or universes in common."

Even though these are a collection of fairytales, they are linked via the recurring characters of the Storyteller and his dog. Although the books do not seem to be in any discernible chronology, it is a shared universe in which the Storyteller (the title character) recites various fairytales to his dog. This is a common thread in every edition. I think that constitutes a series.

Thank you

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22811 comments Added to the series, as there are characters in common.

Martin Gil | 58 comments Thank you so much!