Victoria Holt, Jean Plaidy, Philippa Carr; Eleanor Burford, Elbur Ford, Kathleen Kellow, Anne Percival, and Ellalice Tate. discussion

Hello

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new)

Marie Burton (marieburton2004) | 534 comments Mod
We are still here!! just been using different formats to do our readalongs

message 2: by Pauline (new)

Pauline | 1 comments Hello Marie I don't use Facebook or any other social media platforms anymore, just Goodreads , which I consider to be the best for an avid reader. Having said that, I miss our Jean Plaidy group on Facebook, especially the different posts with book reviews.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments Not sure if this group is still active, but I just started Goodreads. As a teenager, I read many Victoria Holt and Jean Plaidy books and am planning to revisit them in the coming years. Would love to connect with others who appreciate the same author!

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Getz (goodreadscommys52fan) | 3 comments I read all of Victoria Holt books back in the 70s and 80s. She was my favorite Gothic writer. I was thinking about reading some of them again. I used to have almost all of her books, but with moving through the years, lost some. I still have many left yet.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments Nice that you have some of the books still. I only read what was in our local library - harder to find these days! ;)

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna Getz (goodreadscommys52fan) | 3 comments They are hard to find. Once in a great while in a used book sale. The first ones I ever read were Mistress of Mellyn and Kirkland Revels as Victoria Holt.

message 7: by April (new)

April (aapjebaabje) | 1 comments I read almost all of the Jean Plaidy books and recently read her Mary Queen of Scots books for a comparison project between her and Phillipa Gregory i.e. writers of historical fiction old and new. An interesting exercise for sure.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments April, that does sound interesting! I read almost all of the Victoria Holt books, and a few Jean Plaidy . . . but am now curious about her other author name books, so may have to search for a few to read.

message 9: by Sallie (new)

Sallie Brown | 1 comments I’ve read them all. It is difficult to find a writer that gives you that, mystery, clean romance and great story. I’ve found Mary Kingswood is very good. She has a series out now called the Stranger Series that I’m enjoying. It is set in a small village of Maeswood and different characters keep coming into the village, hence the “stranger” theme. The first is the “Stranger in the Dower House”. I might give them a try. Happy reading!

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna Getz (goodreadscommys52fan) | 3 comments Mary Kingswood's books sound good. I have to check them out.