2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about Playing Dead
Playing Dead > Question O

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jan 21, 2020 02:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5335 comments Mod
Claire is saved twice by Mitch. Was that what helped her get over his lying to her? What did you think of their romance?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1388 comments He really loved her, he wasn't faking that. I think she would have worked it out given time, but his saving her life, twice, didn't hurt.

The romance was lacking. I would have liked to see more of how they fell in love instead of being told about it.

message 3: by Jonetta (last edited Jan 21, 2020 02:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I really struggled with Mitch’s duplicity, am still a bit miffed about how he handled it.

I was actually okay with learning about their relationship through flashbacks. That’s probably because I was more invested in the mystery. It worked well for me.

I thought Brennan did a great job in getting me to feel the intensity of Mitch’s love for Claire. That’s probably why the flashbacks worked.

Melissa (melissasd) | 635 comments I think it may have played a part in her forgiving him, but I also think she realized how much he risked to prove her father's innocence. The romance part moved at a respectable rate in my opinion.

I’ve corrected it to say Mitch. Don’t know where Matt came from😏

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 677 comments Again, how she trusted so many of her "suitors" over those years and then decided to be more circumspect made me question that she just took his word that he was a writer.

His actions did match his words at the end of the story, though. Hope they had a HEA.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 778 comments Even thought I wasn't happy that Mitch kept his real identity from Claire, I understood why he did initially. And then everything snowballed and he kept putting off telling her. I think that part was pretty realistic.

I really liked this couple. I was so wrapped up in the mystery that less of the romance being shown was okay with me.