2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about Playing Dead
Playing Dead > Question L

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4850 comments Mod
Bruce Langstrom/Phil Palmer was a cold blooded assassin. How was it that those around him didn’t see that side? That Claire didn’t sense something “off” about him?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1257 comments For almost 15 years he played the part of a brotherhood cop and no one caught on, all the while he was murdering runaways and prostitutes. I don't know how no one truly saw him.

Me either. He was a sociopath and that shows up eventually. And, how us it that no one ever went to his fake house?

Claire seemed oblivious to reading those close to her but highly skilled at reading those for her job. Dave should have sensed something off with his partner but I think he was blinded by Phil having “saved his life.”

Melissa (melissasd) | 580 comments Phil seemed to have a way of turning things on and off. He was someone completely different around his co-workers and friends. I agree with the fake house thing. Someone at sometime would have gone to his house or at least questioned why he never had anyone over.

But he hung out with the group & Claire regularly. Over 15 years, they had to have seen or sensed something.

message 6: by Melissa (last edited Jan 21, 2020 09:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melissa (melissasd) | 580 comments You would definitely think so. I wonder if the others questioned their instincts after finding out who he really was. How did nothing strange ever occur? No one can keep a story straight for that long.

I agree. I’m sure they’re all questioning themselves and the police colleagues have to be giving them the side eye.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 653 comments Yeah, the fake house part just seemed impossible that none of his buddies would ever have come by for a cookout or football game, etc. in that number of years.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments The fake house did seem a bit off to me. 15 years of being friends and you never have company? That would be a very long time to keep up that fake personality. But you do hear about serial killers that kill over a period of years and no one suspected anything.

I just don’t have any good friends who live in the same town that I haven’t visited in 15 years.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments Jonetta wrote: "I just don’t have any good friends who live in the same town that I haven’t visited in 15 years."

Me either, Jonetta...