2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about Playing Dead
Playing Dead > Question H

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4882 comments Mod
What did you think of Claire? What did you like about her? What may have bothered you about her?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1275 comments She was a complex character. Losing her parents as a young teen and believing the dad you worshiped killed your mom was a traumatic experience. She was a very strong person to overcome that.

I really liked Claire. She could have grown up feeling sorry for herself but turned things around and got stronger. She was really skilled and independent. I liked how she almost saved herself against incredible odds in the midst of intense fear. And, I liked how she overcame her deep mistrust of Matt to give him a second chance.

Melissa (melissasd) | 580 comments I liked her. Like you said, Jonetta, she was strong and made something of herself despite her dad's conviction.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 653 comments My feelings for her were a bit conflicted, but mostly positive. Maybe the beginning of the book, and then her boss's observation that she was too black-and-white in her judgments to get the plum assignments. She didn't seem to have any room in her head for the idea that her 14 yr old opinion was not nuanced even a tad to be able to look at the possibility that her dad was framed.

She reminded me of Eve Dallas in that respect.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments I really liked her. She was too black and white and when her boss told her that, I remember thinking, exactly! But overall, I really liked her character and when she came to the conclusion that her Dad was innocent, she basically did everything she could to help prove it. She did remind me a bit of Eve too, Jonetta.