2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)
This topic is about Playing Dead
Playing Dead > Question B

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 5074 comments Mod
Claire was convinced of her father’s guilt almost from the start and her opinion never wavered. As close as she was to him, why did she never consider his innocence?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1331 comments I didn't understand her reaction or why she believed so strongly that he killed them. The best I can come up with is that she felt guilty for setting it all in motion.

I think the shock of it all in that moment, actually seeing her mother’s body and Tom there holding a gun just created an image and a judgment she couldn’t let go. And, I agree Anita, her guilt about having set it up just sealed that judgment. But! I still couldn’t understand why she abandoned him so easily.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1331 comments Her believing him guilty was especially hard when we found out how close they were.

Melissa (melissasd) | 600 comments I think there were too many people putting thoughts into her head that she wasn't able to come up with her own opinion.

She had just lost her mother, brutally, soon after discovering she was having an affair, thought her father had just shot them and then had all these people, including his law enforcement brothers accusing him of murder, telling her he was guilty. She was grieving, feeling guilty and overwhelmed. And, she was 14-years old.

Well, maybe that explains it.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 675 comments Jonetta, you listed reasons I also thought.

Charlene, even I had to step back and look at this differently.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 751 comments I think the important points for me were she told her father about the affair, then found her father with the gun and her mother and lover were dead. This was only a short time after she had told him. Everyone thought he was guilty. But the most important point was that she was only 14 years old.

Karen, her age had everything to do with it.