Audiobooks discussion

Non-Audible Sources > Audiothicket.com?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  | 1 comments Hi, has anyone tried out this service?

message 2: by Contrarius (last edited Jan 12, 2020 10:32PM) (new)

Contrarius | 398 comments Never heard of it before. But I see a disclaimer on their home page saying "Audiothicket is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program" -- which makes me think they are doing something akin to reselling, or simply referring people, or something similar? Like the drop-ship companies that sell products which they simply purchase from a second company remotely and have drop-shipped to your address?

I may be completely wrong, but that disclaimer makes me go hmmmmmm.

message 3: by Faith (new)

Faith | 413 comments Contrarius wrote: "Never heard of it before. But I see a disclaimer on their home page saying "Audiothicket is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program" -- which makes me think they are doing somet..."

I believe this just means that if you click through to a book on an Amazon site, Amazon pays something to audiothicket. Not all of the sale books are on Amazon. I looked at only one book which happened to be sold by Apple.

message 4: by Contrarius (last edited Jan 13, 2020 06:47AM) (new)

Contrarius | 398 comments Faith wrote: "I looked at only one book which happened to be sold by Apple."

That still seems to indicate that they may be reselling books that other companies have the rights to, rather than purchasing rights from the publishers themselves.

But hey, give em a try!

message 5: by Contrarius (new)

Contrarius | 398 comments Yeah, I found this on their "about us" page --

"We find Amazing audiobooks at astonishing prices. We curate sales from across the internet and send them your way."

So it's just a site that shows you deals from other sites, like BookBub. Still, might be interesting to see what they find!