Weekly Check-Ins > Week 2 Check-In

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassandrah (new)

Cassandrah Woyak | 144 comments Mod
For the week of Jan. 5-11.

message 2: by Cassandrah (new)

Cassandrah Woyak | 144 comments Mod
I read 2 books this past week, which keeps me just one book ahead of schedule on my 100 book goodreads challenge!

I read ‘Captive: A Mothers’s Crusade...’ by Catherine Oxenberg. This was about the cult Nxvim, and I read it for my January book club. It was very interesting, especially since I didn’t know anything about the cult, but the writing could’ve used a little work.

I also got an ARC of ‘Insatiable’ by Helen Hardt which is book #12 of the Steel Brothers Saga, and I enjoyed it for the most part. It was a tad flashing back and forth from the characters too much for me and it felt like almost too many twists and turns, but still well written and a nice ending for this saga! (Besides the prequel coming out this summer!) this book will be published later this month.

How’s everyone else doing the first full week??

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne Krath (clulle) | 10 comments This week I :
- Finished 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' by L. Frank Baum, which I started last week - this one also counts as my reads for "A book with at least a four-star rating on Goodreads" (4.16). I really enjoyed this book, and has signed me up for borrowing 'The Marvelous Land of Oz' at my local library.

- Finished 'Billy and the Minpins' by Roald Dahl - I started reading that one before New Years, but I just had a hard time finding the motivation to finish it. The story was cute and an easy read, but i just didn't find it as exciting as some of the other books by Dahl.

- Read 'Dumplin' ' by Julie Murphy. This book was okay, I liked the story, but I found there was an unnecessary amount of drama caused over a love triangle (not really my thing to read about).