Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > How Do You Get Goodreads to Correct Mistakes on ISBNs

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3 comments I have been entering my book collection into Goodreads and have come across the wrong ISBN being attributed to the wrong book. I posted previously to have the ISBN 13 9780545837408 that is currently attributed to the book "Grace" by Mildred Cable to the correct book American Girl book "Grace" by Mary Casanova. This issue has not been corrected and I have yet to see a response to my thread as to why it has not been corrected. Early today as I was entering in books, I came across the same issue with the ISBN 13 9781786174338. This ISBN belongs to the book Encyclopedia of Science (as the cover picture clearly indicates) but is being attributed to the Encyclopedia of Space.

How does Goodreads handle these mistakes in their data? Am I doing something wrong? Should I be posting this somewhere else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

message 2: by Elke (new)

Elke | 201 comments You're in the right place. Sometimes it takes a while for a librarian to get to your questions.

I have corrected the title of the Encyclopedia of Science as that was a mistake in title.

The other issue that you have mentioned is something I don't understand after doing some research. I'm hoping someone else can help you with that.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 16297 comments Fixed Grace.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 16297 comments Created a new record for the Cable book. As it is from 1938, it would not have an ISBN.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 3 comments Thank you all for the quick response. Much appreciated.

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13000 comments In the future, if no one has addressed your request after a couple days, you can bump your post up by replying to it.