What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Chosen (The Djinn Wars, #1)
This topic is about Chosen
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Illness takes over the world; "chosen" people survive; main character is a young woman with a voice in her head. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose (new)

Rose Slater | 3 comments I read this book a maybe 2-3 years ago, i dont remember the place of seeting but the main character is a young woman whom i believe started as a teacher when one of her students caught a strange illness that ended up spreadimg through the whole world and killed everyone exept the "chosen" few that were immune to it. The immune people were chosen by some sort of supernatural group i believe if i remember correctly, and the young woman realizes she has a voice of a man inside her head, the voice of the man that chose her. The voice ends up leading her to a massive safe house built by someone who had already died. Later the male voice mayerializes at the house as a stranger asking for help from the woman, who is clueless and doesnt know the man is the voice shes been hearing. They start to like each other and such, and eventually she (sort of?) Finds out who he is but then he is taken by some sort of rebellious group and i think their was a second book to continue on from that, but i never got to reading it. Help would be much appreciated!

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4117 comments Chosen maybe?

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose Slater | 3 comments @Ayshe nope, thank you however!

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4117 comments I had looked at the reviews and the Amazon look inside, and it seemed to have the details listed but no problem! It might help your search if you describe how it differs.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Jan 12, 2020 11:20AM) (new)

Kris | 32040 comments Mod
Just following up on Ayshe's suggestion of Chosen by Christine Pope. Here are a few quotes from the book:

I was getting my master's in English... I'd been lucky enough to snag a T.A. position teaching lower-division English classes..." | "It was not your fault. The voice was soothing..." [a voice speaks to the heroine in her head] | "Are you an angel?" I asked abruptly. Another of those low chuckles... Yes. You are safe now. No one else knows of your presence in this house. You can sleep here..."

From the Google Books preview - https://books.google.com/books?id=BM7...

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4974 comments Ayshe is always right, just so you know.

message 7: by Rose (new)

Rose Slater | 3 comments Thank you all, i had mistakenly looked at the wrong book of "chosen", bad move on my part. Thank you so much!

message 8: by Kris (last edited Jan 20, 2020 04:14PM) (new)

Kris | 32040 comments Mod
Sounds like you're saying Chosen by Christine Pope - Ayshe's suggestion - is your book. Marking as Solved. If not, just post a comment.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Chosen (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Christine Pope (other topics)