Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1) Soulless question

Does anyone know any other books that contain dandy/aesthete characters like Lord Akeldama?
K Hart K Jan 10, 2020 04:21PM
Hi,

I am brand new to communicating on goodreads, though I've been here for years. I thought I'd ask a question I've been dying to ask for a long time... books with aesthete/dandy characters? I struggle to find them, but when I inevitably do (I read a lot), I love them. I myself am a dandy of sorts (the modern kind, of course), and I love to read about these sorts of characters.

Obviously anything by Gail Carriger I have already read, but feel free to recommend anything else? I can't list all the books I have read here, but feel free to add whatever suggestions you have as they may help someone else!

Thank you,

K Hart

Hi!

I think this group will help you out a lot: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/185

It has a "suggest books for me" folder, and sports over 60,000 members so you'll definitely be spoiled for choice!

I know its been a while since you asked this but I love dandy characters too so if you're still looking:
- Johannes Cabal the Necromancer
- The Greta Helsing series
- The Scarlet Pimpernel Series (flawed, but Percy is exceptional as far as dandies go)
- A Fashionable Indulgence by KJ Charles
- Interview with the Vampire (at least in the first book)
- The Lymond chronicles -- this is a challenging read but worth the work if you're up for it. Lymond isn't exactly a dandy but he's beautiful and he wears beautiful clothes, and there's a great deal of attention put into describing how beautiful he looks in his beautiful clothes

K Hart Love this! Thank you!
Apr 17, 2021 02:58PM · flag

It's not a book, but I'd say Miss Phryne Fisher, from the Australian TV series Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, is quite aesthete.

She revels in haute couture outfits and the fashion of the 1920s. Her outfits are simply splendid.

The TV series was based on a book series, however I found the TV adaptation much better than the source material.

I hope you give both a try and see which one is more to your liking.

P. S. Lord Akeldama is one of the most inventive characters in Soulless.