Quarterly Postal Markup Book Exchange discussion

Digital Book Exchange - Group KK > Kafka on the Shore

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie | 52 comments I've never read Murakami before and I'm really enjoying this. I love the talking cats, it reminds me of a Studio Ghibli movie.

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie | 52 comments I'm curious about so much: the boy named Crow, the mysterious fainting children, and what Kafka is running from.

message 3: by Dominique (new)

Dominique (flowerwort) | 42 comments I finished it too, and thought it was a great book as well! I really liked Oshima's character. The revelation that Miss Saeki is/was? Kafka's mother was wild. The book was strange in that Murakami way, and fun to read.

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie | 52 comments I liked Oishima too. I really liked that all of the characters were unique. That was unlike anything else I've read. I'm planning to read some more Murakami now.

message 5: by Julie (new)

Julie | 52 comments I just noticed the cover of my copy says "An insistently metaphysical mind-bender." that about sums it up!

message 6: by Dominique (new)

Dominique (flowerwort) | 42 comments I'm glad that you want to explore more Murakami Julie! It only gets weirder :) unless you read Norwegian Wood. That one's a simple story.

I agree Madeline, I think Kafka is better too!