What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Vampire Journals
This topic is about The Vampire Journals
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Vampire - Woman who is pregnant becomes vampire, baby becomes a clone of mother. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rose (last edited Jul 09, 2020 06:41AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Rose | 2 comments EDIT: SOLVED
The Vampire Journals by Traci Briery
shout out to K8 the Sheepdog for finding this monstrosity
______

This was an old paperback I found in a Missouri thrift store. I want to say it was written in the 70s (possibly 80s). Title was possibly "Diary of a Vampire."

The cover was all black with only a blond, white woman on the front. She had red lipstick and her fangs protruded her mouth. Her head was tossed back, and her chest was pushed forward for ultimate boobage.

The story was absurd (not gonna lie), and I want to say in the format of a diary (but it was poorly done, like the author forgot the gimmick). In the story, an American (?) woman is pregnant when she gets converted to vampirism.

However, she never gives birth but the pregnancy is in stasis for years. Finally, years later (for a forgotten reason) the child is born and it is revealed that the child is an exact clone of the vampire mother. The reason given is that since the child was in the womb for centuries, it absorbed the mother's essence/DNA.

The POV may have flipped back and forth between the main woman character and a man.

I'm having trouble finding it since I don't remember the author and the market is flooded with vampire books. It doesn't help that "Vampire Diaries" is out. "Pregnant vampire" searches don't help either.

Don't get me wrong, this book was terrible, but I'm like a dog with a bone at this point. I cannot rest until I prove it wasn't a fever dream.

message 2: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 327 comments The woman stays pregnant for years and the baby emerges a complete clone of the mother? xD oh god this sounds like a nightmare

Never read this book or heard of it but I'll scout around and see if I can unearth anything similar

message 3: by Crystal (last edited Jul 08, 2020 11:53PM) (new)

Crystal | 327 comments Found a couple that are slightly similar and I'll be throwing some possibilities out here:
The Vampire's Bride: Cover looks almost right
Pregnant to the Vamp: Got a woman pregnant from a vampire
^but these are released in 2016 not the 70s/80s

message 4: by Kate (Feathered Turtle Press) (last edited Jul 09, 2020 12:04AM) (new)

Kate (Feathered Turtle Press) (stargazer401) | 250 comments The Vampire Journals? Cover looks right, but it's from 1993.

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 327 comments ^oooh this looks very promising!!

message 6: by Rose (last edited Jul 09, 2020 06:35AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Rose | 2 comments omg... that's it! Vampire Journals!! I can't believe it didn't appear in my search!

That cover tho XD

thank you!!!!!!!! I can finally rest in peace.... and give this book a 1 star rating, hahahaha

Kate (Feathered Turtle Press) (stargazer401) | 250 comments Rose wrote: "omg... that's it! Vampire Journals!! I can't believe it didn't appear in my search!

That cover tho XD

thank you!!!!!!!! I can finally rest in peace.... and give this book a 1 star rating, hahahaha"

ahhhhh!! glad I helped!

message 8: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 327 comments xD I'm happy too hahaha!