Book Nook Cafe discussion

Determination Lists & Challenges > Stephanie’s 2020 Determination List

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited Aug 12, 2020 08:47PM) (new)

Stephanie | 289 comments The Lost Dogs: Michael Vick's Dogs and Their Tale of Rescue and Redemption ✔️ Completed 2/3/2020

Stepdog ✔️ Completed 7/15/2020

The Girl on the Train ✔️ Completed 8/12/2020

Under the Tuscan Sun

The Bridges of Madison County

The Good Neighbor: The Life and Work of Fred Rogers

Two Good Dogs ✔️ Completed January 16, 2020

The Dog Who Was There

Moloka'i ✔️ Competed 6/16/2020

Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking- Abandoned 4/2020- didn’t hold my interest as the author didn’t seem to keep on task and jumped around too much.

message 2: by madrano (new)

madrano | 9784 comments Nice list, Stephanie. I’ve read the Paula Hawkins novel & thought it was compelling. I wasn’t aware of the book about Michael Vick dogs. Interesting idea for a book. Good luck with your reading year!

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 289 comments Thank you :) I’m about 100 pages into Lost Dogs so far and it’s so hard to read 😭 the things that these poor pups went through on the hands of monsters 😡. I’m glad they were saved but it hurts that they endured such cruelty.

message 4: by Alias Reader (new)

Alias Reader (aliasreader) | 17200 comments Great challenge, Stephanie !

From you list I've read and enjoyed Look Me In The Eyes and a very long time ago Under The Tuscan Son.

Enjoy !

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 289 comments Thanks, Alias! I’ve been wanting to read both for awhile...moved them over from last years list since I didn’t get to them :)

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie (julielill) | 2224 comments I loved the book called Quiet - Susan Cain does a wonderful job on the topic.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 289 comments Julie wrote: "I loved the book called Quiet - Susan Cain does a wonderful job on the topic."

I’ve been wanting to read this one for awhile ☺️