Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Page Numbering Requests > Page number correction for ISBN:9780007136834

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sachleen (new)

Sachleen (sachleenc) | 6 comments The book titled 'And Then There Were None' by Agatha Christie
This paperback edition published in 2003 by HarperCollinsPublishers Ltd with the ISBN 978-0-00-713683-4 has the page count of 250 pages.
This page count follows the Goodreads rule for page count.
Thanks.

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 14437 comments People have changed this back and forth between 250 and 317. What comes after 250?

message 3: by Sachleen (new)

Sachleen (sachleenc) | 6 comments oh, I wasn't aware of this. But I have a physical copy of the book and I can confirm the page count is 250.
The page count on https://www.worldcat.org/title/and-th... is also 250

message 4: by Emily (last edited Jan 10, 2020 10:38AM) (new)

Emily | 14437 comments There may be "alternate page count" editions for the book.
Someone else may want to weigh in.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5100 comments I have a copy with the same ISBN13 & my copy has 317 pages. It is also Harper, rather than Harper Collins (this has been changed a few times as well)

message 6: by Sachleen (new)

Sachleen (sachleenc) | 6 comments Perhaps then one of these would be a reprint by the publisher. Also, I found out that Harper is a child publisher under the parent global publishing company HarperCollins.
Maybe that explains the difference in page count and the publisher name

message 7: by Sachleen (new)

Sachleen (sachleenc) | 6 comments Any updates on this please?

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5100 comments Sachleen wrote: "Any updates on this please?"

I'm happy to separate my edition out, but I need confirmation that this is the correct action.

message 9: by Sachleen (new)

Sachleen (sachleenc) | 6 comments Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ wrote: "Sachleen wrote: "Any updates on this please?"

I'm happy to separate my edition out, but I need confirmation that this is the correct action."

Here is a link to the WorldCat website, https://www.worldcat.org/title/and-th....
The details there matches the copy I have. Let me know if there's anything else I can do. Thanks.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5100 comments Sachleen wrote: "Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂ wrote: "Sachleen wrote: "Any updates on this please?"

I'm happy to separate my edition out, but I need confirmation that this is the correct action."

Here is a link to the ..."

Thank you but it is more I need the ok from staff. (I am a volunteer)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5100 comments I have created a new edition for the Harper imprint which has a longer page count.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

Page count for your edition changed back to 250 pages. In line with GR policy I have moved the ISBN to the newer edition.

message 12: by Sachleen (new)

Sachleen (sachleenc) | 6 comments Thank you! :)

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5100 comments Sachleen wrote: "Thank you! :)"

No problem