YA LGBT Books discussion

Wonders of the Invisible World
This topic is about Wonders of the Invisible World
Book of the Month > Jan 2020 BotM - #1 - Wonders of the Invisible World (poss spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (new) - added it

Kaje Harper | 16566 comments Both books in the voting this month got more votes than in the past several, and were almost tied, so since one is fiction and one autobiography, I decided we should put up both and members can read whichever appeals to them:

Book 1 for Jan-Feb 2020 is Wonders of the Invisible World Wonders of the Invisible World by Christopher Barzak by Christopher Barzak

Seventeen-year-old Aidan Lockwood lives in the sleepy farming community of Temperance, Ohio—known for its cattle ranches and not much else. That is until Jarrod, a friend he hasn't seen in five years, moves back to town and opens Aidan's eyes in startling ways: to Aidan's ability to see the spirit world; to the red-bearded specter of Death; to a family curse that has claimed the lives of the Lockwood men one by one…and to the new feelings he has developed for Jarrod.

Content warnings noted in reviews for: ?? I didn't spot any in reviews, let me know if any should be posted here(view spoiler)

This thread is for discussion of this book - there is no specific reading schedule and you may post at any time. There may be spoilers in the comments, so be aware if you have not yet finished. Especially if you are posting early in the two months, please try to put real plot spoilers into a spoiler-hiding tag - write <*spoiler> before the text and <*/spoiler> at the end of it - with both * removed to make it work, and it will be hidden, revealed only (view spoiler)

I look forward to seeing what the group thinks of this one.

Dennis (storynerd) | 21 comments This is a wonderful book!!! I might read it again and join the discussion!

Teal (howiebing) | 202 comments I read this several years ago, and loved it. I'm also tempted to do a reread...