Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Throne of Jade (Temeraire, #2)
This topic is about Throne of Jade
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Throne of Jade [Apr 12, 2020]

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4434 comments Mod
Throne of Jade - Naomi Novik
Throne of Jade (Temeraire, #2) by Naomi Novik
April 12, 2020.
Requested by Narilka.

Narilka | 2484 comments Thanks Jenna!

message 3: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4434 comments Mod
Narilka wrote: "Thanks Jenna!"

You're welcome!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 996 comments I'm going to be a few days late starting this one.

Narilka | 2484 comments No problem. In that case I think I'll delay too :)

message 6: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 996 comments I'm hoping to start Wednesday if you want to start then, if I'm able to start earlier I'll let you know

Narilka | 2484 comments I'm starting this one tonight. Feel free to jump in any time.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new) - added it

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 996 comments I'm sorry Narilka, but I really don't think I'm going to have time for this one. I way over booked myself for this month. I'm already reading 2 BR books, and one that's not. Then I have another BR starting tomorrow. Of those this one is the one I'm feeling the least inclined to read at the moment. I may read it within the next couple months and be able to read later books in the series with you if you don't continue immediately. (But don't hold back on my account. I'm not sure when I will get to it)

Narilka | 2484 comments No problem. This thread will stay up for a while so you can always come back if you decide to read this later.

Narilka | 2484 comments Through Ch 3. After my last book these chapters feel soooo long :) (view spoiler)

Narilka | 2484 comments I took a short diversion for some comfort reads and am back to this again.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7591 comments Narilka wrote: "Through Ch 3. After my last book these chapters feel soooo long :) I.."

Haha damn right, what were they thinking?! :)

Hope you enjoy this!

Narilka | 2484 comments CH 4-5 (view spoiler)

Narilka | 2484 comments Almost done with Ch 7 (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7591 comments Narilka wrote: "Almost done with Ch 7 I am .."

(view spoiler)

Narilka | 2484 comments Siobhan wrote: "Spoiler stuff...."

It's almost half the book so far. I honestly thought we'd see a little along with the Ch 4-5 things then fast fowrard to reaching the destination and on to the real meat of the story :D Thanks for confirming it's only this book. I already have book 3 in my TBR and was wondering.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7591 comments Narilka wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Spoiler stuff...."

It's almost half the book so far. I honestly thought we'd see a little along with the Ch 4-5 things then fast fowrard to reaching the destination and on to the r..."

Of course there are other journeys, but not as tedious as this! As far as I remember! :)

Dustin (tillos) | 51 comments Siobhan wrote: "Of course there are other journeys, but not as tedious as this! As far as I remember! :) .."

IDK. I enjoyed this one, the first and second time. The journey in 6 tends to be the series breaker for many.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7591 comments Dustin wrote: "Siobhan wrote: "Of course there are other journeys, but not as tedious as this! As far as I remember! :) .."

IDK. I enjoyed this one, the first and second time. The journey in 6 tends to be the se..."

Very good memory! I can't remember which journey is in 6. But you're right I think that was the weakest book overall. I loved book 7 though, so again, worth pushing through! :)

Narilka | 2484 comments Finished Ch 11 (view spoiler)

Narilka | 2484 comments I finished. Giving it 3.5 stars rounded down. The uneven pacing definitely hampered my enjoyment overall. Still, the story filled the Temeraire-sized hole in my heart I didn't realize I had :) (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7591 comments Narilka wrote: "I finished. Giving it 3.5 stars rounded down. The uneven pacing definitely hampered my enjoyment overall. Still, the story filled the Temeraire-sized hole in my heart I didn't realize I had :) [spo..."

Glad you enjoyed it overall! I thought the ending was worth the slog :D

message 23: by Dustin (last edited May 04, 2020 10:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dustin (tillos) | 51 comments Siobhan wrote: "I think that was the weakest book overall"

Aside from one new dragon, I can't think of any critical developments that readers need to know before continuing onto the next book. You really could just skip it. I don't hate it, I enjoy all the books, but for people who just casually enjoy the series, it's probably best to read a summary and skip to 7 than get bored with the series.

Narilka | 2484 comments @Dustin You mean #6 is skipable?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Throne of Jade (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Naomi Novik (other topics)