GXO Reading Challenges discussion

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (last edited Jan 08, 2020 05:00PM) (new)

Kimberly (Chapter_Adventure) (chapter_adventure) | 219 comments Mod
The Key Words for August are:

"Kiss, Flower, When, Happy, North, Right"

Please comment with your book selection below and mark it CHALLENGE COMPLETE when you've finished it.

Here are some suggestions from us:

The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1) by Helen Hoang Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera Galactic North by Alastair Reynolds When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi When All Is Said by Anne Griffin When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

message 2: by Yalonda (last edited Aug 09, 2020 08:06AM) (new)

Yalonda (yalondade) | 41 comments For August I have chosen Kerry Green's "Queen of the Flowers" Queen of the Flowers by Kerry Greenwood

Challenge complete. Still behind in reviews but this was another exquisite Phryne Fisher story.

message 3: by Cecil (new)

Cecil Huston | 115 comments Picking from my TBR list, probably will read either “When the Bough Breaks” or “Killers of the Flower Moon”.

message 4: by Joosje (last edited Aug 01, 2020 01:27AM) (new)

Joosje | 49 comments My One True North by Milly Johnson I chose My one true north for this month. I read a lot of books by this author and loved them all.

message 5: by DeeDee (new)

DeeDee | 10 comments c

message 6: by DeeDee (new)

DeeDee | 10 comments challenge completed: read When Breath Becomes Air

message 7: by Tari (new)

Tari (thann) | 36 comments Challenge complete: Using the word flower and after reading the rules again, I realized I could use this book since it has Marigolds in the title:

Marigolds for Malice (An Enchanted Garden Mystery Book 3) by Bailey Cattrell Bailey Cattrell 8/6/20

message 8: by Cecil (new)

Cecil Huston | 115 comments Challenge complete! Enjoyed my first round with this new author, yet older book. Read “When the Bough Breaks”, by Jonathan Kellerman. Will most likely read more of this series, a good time!

message 9: by Pamela (new)

Pamela McIntosh | 13 comments Challenge complete. I read "The Daisy Children" by Sofia Grant. Inspired by the tragic event of 1937 school explosion in New London, Tx. I wish the author had used more information concerning the actual event.

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 12 comments I read "NORTHern Borders" by Howard Frank Mosher.
See my full review at https://topplingbookpile.blogspot.com...

message 11: by Tanya Patrice (new)

Tanya Patrice (tanyapatrice) | 148 comments Mod
I read When We Were Vikings by Andrew David MacDonald. I liked this one - and it didn't pop up on my radar until I was looking for a book for this challenge. Anyone else found it hard to find a book?

message 12: by Traci (last edited Sep 04, 2020 04:47PM) (new)

Traci (scraptraci) | 37 comments Challenge complete I read

Rescued By A Kiss (The New Orleans Go Cup Chronicles, #1) by Colleen Mooney Rescued By A Kiss by Colleen Mooney

It was an enjoyable cozy that was part mystery part romance I'd say. This is the first in the series of New Orleans Go Cup mysteries. I found it because of a Kindle Unlimited recommendation and will probably read more of the series.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
https://titlesurfingwithtraci.blogspo...

message 13: by Elba (new)

Elba M (elbamsosa) | 26 comments My selections for August were: Kiss of a Duke by Erica Ridley. I really enjoyed it. And When Katie met Cassidy by Camille Perri. Because Cassidy is a nuetral gender name I didn't know that it was a girl/girl romance, but it was well written and presented the homosexuality dilemma in a very respectful way.

message 14: by Simone (new)

Simone (simonec75) | 67 comments I chose this one for the August challenge. It was a creepy one.

Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

message 15: by Tanya Patrice (new)

Tanya Patrice (tanyapatrice) | 148 comments Mod
Simone wrote: "I chose this one for the August challenge. It was a creepy one.

Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist"

Loved that book Simone! Completely agree - creepayyy!