Memoir Authors discussion

Promotion Opportunities > If you read my memoir and rate/review it - I'll do the same for you!

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Montaperto (goodreadscomjoemontaperto) | 7 comments Hi all...my name is Joe Montaperto, and I'm the author of a trilogy of memoirs - the latest being - 'Nobody Gets Out Of Catering Alive'. I would like to invite anybody in this group to read my book for free and leave an honest review - and I would do the same for you! Please let me know, ok?
Here is a short synopsis:
1990. It wasn’t too long ago that 30 year old Joe Montaperto was a rising young comic on the New York City circuit - performing with the likes of John Stewart and John Leguizamo. Now, he sits in his childhood bedroom of his parent’s New Jersey home, babbling endlessly to his ever-present Napoleon statue at three in the morning. The only time he laughs these days is watching reruns of the old 60s TV series - Lost In Space. And he’s afraid of napkins.

Desperate to find meaning in his life, his decade long journey leads him to a lengthy and rigorous stint at a Tibetan Buddhist monastery, and a tumultuous, yet undeniably exciting relationship with a spiritual bipolar woman.

When she later dumps him for a heroin-addicted jazz musician, he returns to the world of catering, wandering the city streets brokenhearted and aimless. During his strolls, he becomes increasingly appalled by the proliferation of Starbucks, and driven by outrage, decides to become a social activist. He creates a one-man show as his form of political protest (Four Degrees of Disconnection), and is surprised by the successful reception. It seems he is back on the road to stardom.

Until 9/11.
Will he ever overcome his fear of napkins? More importantly - will he ever get out of catering alive?

message 2: by Cherie (new)

Cherie Magnus (tangocherie) | 8 comments Hi Joe,
I'm up for it. I've also written a memoir trilogy--Death Dance Destiny. I'll be happy to read one of yours and review it. And I hope you'll want to do the same for me. My website, cheriemagnus.com, shows the three, but I suggest Intoxicating Tango: My Years in Buenos Aires. I'll be happy to send it to you in whatever e-format you prefer.

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Wright | 5 comments Joe wrote: "Hi all...my name is Joe Montaperto, and I'm the author of a trilogy of memoirs - the latest being - 'Nobody Gets Out Of Catering Alive'. I would like to invite anybody in this group to read my book..."
Hi Joe, I'd love to read it and send you an e format. My memoir is titled A Bittersweet Goodnight. Its a story of my relationship with my step mother as she developed dementia. It's funny and sad and a totally different mood than what yours seems to be. Let me know.
Thanks, Linda

message 4: by Joe (new)

Joe Montaperto (goodreadscomjoemontaperto) | 7 comments Cherie wrote: "Hi Joe,
I'm up for it. I've also written a memoir trilogy--Death Dance Destiny. I'll be happy to read one of yours and review it. And I hope you'll want to do the same for me. My website, cheriemag..."

Hi Cherie - Absolutely, I would love to read it! I'm on the run now - but I'll message you back tomorrow, ok?

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Montaperto (goodreadscomjoemontaperto) | 7 comments Linda wrote: "Joe wrote: "Hi all...my name is Joe Montaperto, and I'm the author of a trilogy of memoirs - the latest being - 'Nobody Gets Out Of Catering Alive'. I would like to invite anybody in this group to ..."

Hi Linda - I would def be up to read and review your memoir -I'm on the run right now, but I'll message you tomorrow with more info, ok?

message 6: by Joe (new)

Joe Montaperto (goodreadscomjoemontaperto) | 7 comments Hi Cherie and Linda;

Yeah, I'm totally up for reviewing your books! You can send me either a PDF or a Kindle version whatever...I think I have a Kindle reading app! Let me know which format you prefer for my book, ok?

Thanks,
Joe Montaperto

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda Wright | 5 comments Joe wrote: "Hi Cherie and Linda;

Yeah, I'm totally up for reviewing your books! You can send me either a PDF or a Kindle version whatever...I think I have a Kindle reading app! Let me know which format you pr..."

Joe, What's your email address? I'll send the kindle version. Linda

message 8: by Joe (new)

Joe Montaperto (goodreadscomjoemontaperto) | 7 comments Hi Linda;

Great! my email is: joemontaperto72@gmail.com

Talk soon!

Ciao,
Joe

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Liezl | 7 comments Last day of promotion on kindle L'Alpha et L'Omega de Ma Vie is about making the right choices on dating and relationships until we find our one true love even if it could break our heart along the way.

I think this memoire is not so deep to be in the genre of memoire. I am not really sure. But oh well it is my life =) I hope it can save people before deciding to take the path to married and family life.

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B084GCSPP6

message 10: by Cherie (new)

Cherie Magnus (tangocherie) | 8 comments Hi Anna, I'll be happy to read and review your book, but I missed the free promotion. Can you send me a copy in PDF?
I also would love it if you would do me the same favor. My memoir is Intoxicating Tango: My Years in Buenos Aires, and I can send it to you in any format you wish.
Let me know if we can work together!
Cherie

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna Liezl | 7 comments Cherie wrote: "Hi Anna, I'll be happy to read and review your book, but I missed the free promotion. Can you send me a copy in PDF?
I also would love it if you would do me the same favor. My memoir is Intoxicatin..."

Hello Cherie, your book is interesting! Okay I will find time to read Intoxicating Tango. Thank you for considering my book for you to read. I am so glad! Have a good day!

message 12: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Stancomb (anthonystancombgmailcom) | 53 comments Cherie wrote: "Hi Anna, I'll be happy to read and review your book, but I missed the free promotion. Can you send me a copy in PDF?
I also would love it if you would do me the same favor. My memoir is Intoxicatin..."

Dear Cherie, Your memoir about tango sounds interesting. I Have reviewed some books about tango memoirs , knowing Argentina well, and I write memoirs of my life on an island.
My email is angthonystancomb @gmail.com. Do lok at my amazon page if you are interested.

message 13: by Cherie (new)

Cherie Magnus (tangocherie) | 8 comments Anna wrote: "Cherie wrote: "Hi Anna, I'll be happy to read and review your book, but I missed the free promotion. Can you send me a copy in PDF?
I also would love it if you would do me the same favor. My memoir..."

Anna, if you want to send me your book for review, my email is tangocherie@gmail.com. Let me know where I can send Intoxicating Tango and what e-format you prefer. Thanks!

message 14: by Paz (new)

Paz Ellis | 22 comments Hello! I have a memoir titled: Plantains and the Seven Plagues and would love reviews. I will reciprocate!

You can email me: paz@pazellis.com

Thank you!

Paz

message 15: by Wanjiru (new)

Wanjiru Warama (wanjiruwarama) | 26 comments I also have a memoir - "Entangled in America" that is in desperate need of more reviews. I can send you a pdf, but first, take a peek at the book on Amazon to ensure the writing is acceptable. I'll reciprocate.

message 16: by Paz (new)

Paz Ellis | 22 comments Wanjiru, I would certainly read your book. Do you have a Mobi file? It makes it easier for me to read on my Kindle.

I am looking at a possible have the book read and reviews before Mid-May as I am currently writing and reading and reviewing to other books I am committed to doing.

Thanks!

Paz Ellis

message 17: by Paz (new)

Paz Ellis | 22 comments Oh, what format would you like for mine?

message 18: by Wanjiru (new)

Wanjiru Warama (wanjiruwarama) | 26 comments Hi Paz,
Unfortunately, I only have Word and pdf. Will you manage with either? I know there is a way to convert it to kindle, but I don't know how. That another lesson I need to take on Youtube.

For me, now that you say it's easier, I suppose Mobi would be fine so I can read it on Kindle. But except order from Amazon, I've never had to transfer from elsewhere.

BTW, give me the title of your book so I can take a peek on Amazon.

message 19: by Paz (new)

Paz Ellis | 22 comments Hi, Wanjira!

My book link:

https://www.amazon.com/PLANTAINS-PLAG...

a pdf is fine of your book

thank you!

message 20: by Wanjiru (new)

Wanjiru Warama (wanjiruwarama) | 26 comments Hi Paz,

I got tired up for a while. Where do you want me to send Entangled in America pdf?

message 21: by Paz (new)

Paz Ellis | 22 comments Hello, Wanjira!

You can send pdf file to:
paz@pazellis.com

Thank you!

Have a great evening!

Paz

message 22: by Wanjiru (new)

Wanjiru Warama (wanjiruwarama) | 26 comments Paz wrote: "Hello, Wanjira!

You can send pdf file to:
paz@pazellis.com

Thank you!

Have a great evening!

Paz"

Thanks.

Sent the pdf.

message 23: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Stancomb (anthonystancombgmailcom) | 53 comments Paz wrote: "Wanjiru, I would certainly read your book. Do you have a Mobi file? It makes it easier for me to read on my Kindle.

I am looking at a possible have the book read and reviews before Mid-May as I am..."

Paz, our book sounded interesting. I just put in on my Kindle and look forward to reading it.
My email - anthonystancomb@gmail.com

message 24: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Stancomb (anthonystancombgmailcom) | 53 comments Paz wrote: "Hello! I have a memoir titled: Plantains and the Seven Plagues and would love reviews. I will reciprocate!

Thank you!

Paz"

Dear Wanjiru, your book sounded very interesting. I've now got it on my kindle. I write memoirs, too (and I have spent some very happy days in Nakuru many years ago). Look forward to reading it.
anthonystancomb@gmail.com

message 25: by Wanjiru (new)

Wanjiru Warama (wanjiruwarama) | 26 comments Anthony wrote: "Paz wrote: "Hello! I have a memoir titled: Plantains and the Seven Plagues and would love reviews. I will reciprocate!

Thank you!

Paz"

Dear Wanjiru, your book..."

Thank you so much Anthony for getting my book. I hope it meets your expectations.

message 26: by Wanjiru (new)

Wanjiru Warama (wanjiruwarama) | 26 comments Dear fellow Memoir writers.

My book, YEARS of SHAME can be downloaded for free from 5/22/20 to 5/26/20 You can read a short synopsis on my page, here on Goodreads.

message 27: by Paz (new)

Paz Ellis | 22 comments Wanjiru, will you be posting a review of my memoir? I just finished your book. I bought it for Kindle. Pdf was a pain to read on my laptop.

Thanks!

Paz