Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes > What is GR like on a Mac computer (not a laptop and nothing with an i in the name of it

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7197 comments I have until Jan 14 to replace this computer which is Windows 7--I hated Windows 8 and wasn't keen on Windows 10 so didn't do the update. Does it work well?

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 7398 comments I've been using Windows 10 on my computer for several years -- no problem with it at all. I skipped 8 and went from 7 to 10...and I set up 10 to look like it was on Windows 7. If that all makes sense to you.

Actually did same on my laptop -- so all my computers are Windows 10 set up the same as under Windows 7 - 2 desktops and one laptop. Never have a problem with GR, FB, Word, Excel, etc. etc.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8842 comments I’m an Apple person. Always have been.

message 4: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6182 comments I went from Vista to 10.

I've adjusted.

message 5: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5068 comments Windows 10 is pretty stable now, the bugs have been worked out. I was reluctant to upgrade from 7 too, but I've adjusted and 10 works fine.

message 6: by Idit (new)

Idit | 1028 comments I think browsers are browsers. You can use chrome or safari on a Mac and desktop goodreads is fine in both

message 7: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5068 comments Windows is an operating system, not a browser. Yes, any browser will work fine.

message 8: by Karin (last edited Jan 11, 2020 03:49PM) (new)

Karin | 7197 comments Sorry, yes, I know it's an operating system, but I thought Mac uses Safari. But if Firefox works well on it, all will be well. I prefer Firefox most of the time because there was a time either GR or Shelfari worked better on Firefox and I became used to it..

Anyway, today I backed up all of our music, photos, files etc onto a flashdrive that has as much memory as both this PC and the larger memory of the Mac Minis. Living in a scifi world! (not really, but when I think back to our computer programming t shirts that had "more bytes per inch" on them (bawdy, naturally, we were 18) during the few months I thought I might learn programming and then there is this vast amount of memory in something where the entire device is about 2 inches long (and the actual drive much smaller) it boggles the mind.