Such a Fun Age
This topic is about Such a Fun Age
Such A Fun Age > Chapters 24 - The End

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Let's discuss!

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
I proud of Emira for how well she did in the interview. I love Zara.

It's interesting how Emira advanced in her career and life through the end of book. It said a lot that she was a personal assistant for so long. She was clearly over-qualified.

The way the author created the undertone of privilege was unique. Lots to discuss...

Carrie | 14 comments Really enjoyed this book. I hate racism and privilege, but love how the author portrayed it in her characters, both subtly and blatantly. Emira is my new favorite female character. Her love for Briar was pure and selfless. She didn’t get over-the-top emotional and irrational, as many would having discovered what she did about Alix, but she took matters into her own hands and left. Her departing message to Alix wasn’t about vindication but about her concern for Briar. I have a great deal of respect for that. I’m glad Kelly wasn’t the jerk he might have been had the story been written differently, and yet Emira was mature enough to recognize that Alix was not entirely wrong about him either.

Bridget (midge1) | 8 comments Great book that, for me, came together really strongly at the end. I didn't see Alix as simply malicious, but certainly she didn’t always make the best choices, and possibly she had some mental health issues happening. As for both Emira and Kelley, they too could have made alternative decisions or changed their behaviour.

A marvellous, chaotic story.