Book Club for Introverts discussion

Such a Fun Age
This topic is about Such a Fun Age
Such A Fun Age > Chapters 9 - 12

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Let's discuss!

Julie Besaw | 12 comments Uh-oh, things are about to get interesting. Guess who came to dinner????

Carrie (literary_cosmos) (literary_cosmos) on Chapter 12! Things are about to go down!

Carrie | 14 comments I think what I’m finding most interesting throughout is the different perspectives on the same events and how everyone is projecting their own stuff onto Emira. It goes to show how we all look at life through our own lenses. I really like Emira, and her relationship and commitment to Briar is very touching.

Becca | 14 comments Does anybody else struggle to relate to the characters? I mean, Emira and Briar's connection is really touching... yet I'm finding it hard to relate to her (or anybody else) in other regards...
I'm curious how this Thanksgiving Dinner will turn out, though.

Carrie wrote: "I think what I’m finding most interesting throughout is the different perspectives on the same events and how everyone is projecting their own stuff onto Emira. It goes to show how we all look at l..."

I find this interesting too. I think some people are easier to project on to and Emira seems to be one of those people. Even her friends project onto her.

Becca wrote: "Does anybody else struggle to relate to the characters? I mean, Emira and Briar's connection is really touching... yet I'm finding it hard to relate to her (or anybody else) in other regards...
I'm..."

I'm struggling a bit at the moment. I am hoping it's just the set-up of the book that is making it awkward because something in the past is definitely playing itself out now.

Bridget (midge1) | 8 comments Alix is beginning to frustrate me and seems to have morphed into someone completely different, compared to how she appeared at the start. Peter is again conspicuous by his absence, though that has been explained. The Thanksgiving dinner is going to be interesting!