Such a Fun Age
This topic is about Such a Fun Age
Such A Fun Age > Chapters 6 - 8

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer Jenkinson (jenniferjenkinson) | 414 comments Mod
Let's discuss!

Does anyone else think there is something “off” about Kelley? So many coincidences...

Brittani Conrad | 14 comments Yes Jennifer! When I got to this part I was wondering his intentions....

Marian | 5 comments Mod
I totally agree too. He seems so sketchy in that way that makes me second guess myself. Like, my gut says he's up to something, but then there's that other part that's like, well maybe I'm reading too much into it? I feel like that's the vibe the author is intending to give us with his character and I am impressed that it's working - though I could be totally off base.

But on the other hand. . . this is soooo many coincidences for one guy!

Another thought... I think the writing is matching the awkwardness of the entire situation. The disjointed feeling makes sense to me now.

Julie Besaw | 12 comments I wanted to like Kelley, but right now, I'm not liking him so much. I feel like he's definitely up to something.

Candace Arnold | 1 comments I just finished chapter 8 and I officially cannot stand Kelley now and I have a whole new level of love for Alix. Wow. I’m still processing it all but I am really loving this story! Can’t wait to see how all of this plays out!

Kelly Garlinge (bookishly_kelly) | 2 comments So, I feel slightly vindicated about my dislike for Kelley and my like for Alix. Well I wouldn’t go so far as to say I like her, she needs some serious therapy but I can understand her. Although still am confused why she is so awkward with Emira. I am wondering if perhaps it isn’t such a coincidence that Kelley was in the local store? He doesn’t live nearby and never did explain why he was there that night. Again, the husband is pretty much absent for the story, I know Alix says he is great but it’s hard to believe that when you never get to see them together.

Becca Well, I, too, have a feeling there's something off with Kelley... maybe it was indeed just a childish way of seeking for attention when he showed that letter to Robbie, thinking that Alex would agree to hosting a party and this party would boost his popularity... but yeah, what happend afterwards was just wrong... and him being in that grocery store and starting to date Emira gives me an odd feeling, like he's just plotting to raise hell all over again and is just seeking the right angle...
I'm definitely more on edge now...

Carrie (literary_cosmos) (literary_cosmos) I'm not sure I like any of them right now. Except Emira. One the Kelley Alix thing seemed like typical high School drama to me, but it did make Kelley's character very suspicious. I wish I could tell at Emira and tl her to dump him

message 11: by Ruth (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ruth | 35 comments Yeah the whole Kelley thing is a bit weird. Is he up to something?

Bridget (midge1) | 8 comments I totally agree that Kelley's presence in the Market Depot is too much of a coincidence. It seems far more likely to have been engineered in some way for a nefarious purpose.

I particularly like the paragraphs that portray the connection between Emira and Briar.