What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance/war/Fantasy. Two sisters, Father. Based around World War I or II, Read it in 2005. Childhood crush.

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Gorey | 2 comments I'm hoping I did this correctly. I have been trying to find/locate this book for years now. I was about 16 years old when I read it. (2005/06) It's an old book (I believe.) It's based on either World War I or II I can't exactly remember. It's defanitly an adult book 18 and up

I can recall bits and pieces of the story as there are different plots to the story. There are two sisters and their father. The father falls in love with a poor girl who lives on the crappy side of the tracks (her father is a drunk and rapist.)

I mainly just remember the younger sister fell in love with a "cowboy" but he left and her child hood friend enlisted in the war and he ended up getting sick from the "mustard gas."? so she marries him before he dies because he has always loved her and they couldn't be in the same room but before he dies she sneaks in and they make love for the first time he dies and she gets on a train to while she's pregnant to the person who truly stole her heart and hopes he can love her unborn child.

I was 16 it was a paperback book with I'm thinking 600pages? It's like a 4 part book I can't remember a lot I just keep thinking it's 'Sister something" Not My sisters keeper by Jodi. I believe it was a male author that wrote this book. It was in a box of books my dad had given me that he got from an auction.

This is all I can remember, I just know that I enjoyed reading it and would like to find it and read it again as I am more understanding of things then I was at 16.

Thank you in advance.

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Gorey | 2 comments Silly, I Just remembered the name of the book and I don't know how to edit the header so it says solved.

The book is called " Her sister's Keeper." Linda Barlow