Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > combine editions function timing out

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 13 comments I've been trying to combine editions of the same work. It times out and then says it encountered an error. Has anyone else experienced this issue lately?

message 2: by Emily (last edited Jan 09, 2020 06:43AM) (new)

Emily | 13173 comments It happens occasionally. Sometimes you get a pink message at the top that says error encountered. If there are many, many editions of something, it may time out and say "request took too long."

Some days the pink error message happens to me several times, but usually just within a few minutes or sometimes several times in a day. It all depends I suppose. The end-of-the-year maintenance has caused multiple site glitches as well, because certain functions have to be disabled while they do the maintenance.
ETA: As Sandra mentioned, sometimes the pink box appears even when the combine worked. :)

Regardless, it's a site functionality issue so there's not much we can do about it in this group.

message 3: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23209 comments I've been having that problem frequently this afternoon & evening. Even when combining 2 or 3 records, sometimes despite the pink box it has actually combined, other times I just redo it.

And definitely agree with Emily, whilst annoying we can't do anything about it here.

Fictionophile  (fictionophile) | 13 comments Thanks Sandra and Emily.

message 5: by Moloch (new)

Moloch | 2707 comments I get the pink message too, and yes, sometimes even when the combine did actually work. I think it appears particularly when I try to combine at the same time more than 2 "items" (when you have to confirm).