The Agatha Christie Reading Group discussion

2020 Books > January 2020 (Additional Book)- Mr. Monk in Outer Space

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C. J. (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 366 comments Mod
Just saying but the 2nd book options should be for you guys (whoever chooses the book can lead the discussion should they choose!).

So here I'm not going to say anything besides, are you a fan of Monk?

I love the show and this book reflects the characters really well (better than the other book I've read which takes place mostly in Hawaii). I also deliberately avoided books in this series that were not based on the tv show or had episodes spawned off of them so they are fresh for the reader!

message 2: by Reija (last edited Jan 10, 2020 11:08PM) (new)

Reija | 41 comments This was really fun! I have been read Star Wars related stuff lately and this fit nicely, even though I guess it was more Star Trek parody. I have watch only few episodes and didn't know family stories at all.

message 3: by C. J. (new)

C. J. Scurria (goodreadscomcj_scurria) | 366 comments Mod
Reija wrote: "This was really fun! I have been read Star Wars related stuff lately and this fit nicely, even though I guess it was more Star Trek parody. I have watch only few episodes and didn't know family sto..."

Yep I loved that part of the book! I am not even a "trekkie" and could get the little references that were about this sci-fi tv show within the story. Plus I felt that Goldberg did a great job with Monk on this one. I felt the characters really came across even better than the other book I read and discussed (barely the latter part) with him in Hawaii.