Play Book Tag discussion

Less
This topic is about Less
Archive: Other Books > Less by Andrew Sean Green - 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Jan 07, 2020 11:13AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kathy (kacovarrubias) | 32 comments This book is about a moderately successful author, who lives in San Francisco and is approaching his 50th birthday. He is heartbroken and embarks on a journey around the world. The book is broken into chapters about the different places that he visits, and incorporates events from his younger days.

I really wanted to love this book. However, I found the main character to be somewhat unsympathetic. Not totally, but enough that I wasn't exactly rooting for him. That said, I am not a big fiction reader, and this book definitely held my attention. It is well written, and utilizes interesting vocabulary.

message 2: by Susie (new) - added it

Susie | 4488 comments I ditched this one part way through. I found it tedious.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy | 8282 comments Really disliked this one myself. I was turning 50 in the weeks that I read it, and I felt insulted and annoyed.

message 4: by Meli (new) - added it

Meli (melihooker) | 3136 comments Oh no!! I got this in the book swap recently. I am not sure when I will get to it, but luckily I know some other like-minded readers who liked it. And like-minded readers, like you all, who didn't... so we will see where I fall.

message 5: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7238 comments Meli wrote: "Oh no!! I got this in the book swap recently. I am not sure when I will get to it, but luckily I know some other like-minded readers who liked it. And like-minded readers, like you all, who didn't...."

Glad you are still thinking of reading it Meli, Myself I liked it, not loved-I just noticed though that I missed reviewing it!

message 6: by Jen (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jen (jentrewren) | 492 comments Hmmm this is on my list for this year because I somehow own it....we shall see where I stand.

message 7: by Meli (new) - added it

Meli (melihooker) | 3136 comments Of course, Joanne, I'm committed :-) I love books that are kinda polarizing like this.