Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2020 > Emma's 2020 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma | 296 comments Currently Reading:
Kingdom of the Blind Kingdom of the Blind (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #14) by Louise Penny

message 2: by Tiffany, Administrator (last edited Jan 09, 2020 02:19PM) (new)

Tiffany | 1853 comments Mod
Good luck on your year! :)

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma | 296 comments 3. A Better Man A Better Man (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #15) by Louise Penny So sad this is the last published, so far. What will I do without Gamache and Three Pines?!

4. The Widow of Rose House The Widow of Rose House by Diana Biller

Currently reading
Through the Grinder Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2) by Cleo Coyle Beginning with the 2nd in the series, but think I'll go back to the first after this. Pretty good cozy series!
and
Radical Compassion: Learning to Love Yourself and Your World with the Practice of Rain Radical Compassion Learning to Love Yourself and Your World with the Practice of Rain by Tara Brach

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma | 296 comments 19. The Mindful Vegan: A 30-Day Plan for Finding Health, Balance, Peace, and Happiness The Mindful Vegan A 30-Day Plan for Finding Health, Balance, Peace, and Happiness by Lani Muelrath

20. The Plant-Based Journey: A Step-by-Step Guide for Transitioning to a Healthy Lifestyle and Achieving Your Ideal Weight The Plant-Based Journey A Step-by-Step Guide for Transitioning to a Healthy Lifestyle and Achieving Your Ideal Weight by Lani Muelrath

21. The Zig Zag Girl The Zig Zag Girl (Stephens & Mephisto Mystery, #1) by Elly Griffiths

22. Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors (Stephens & Mephisto Mystery, #2) by Elly Griffiths

23. The Blood Card The Blood Card (Stephens & Mephisto Mystery, #3) by Elly Griffiths Love this series by Elly Griffiths as a break from reality. Pretty quick reads, a bit of intrigue, and the characters are likable and fun.

Currently Reading
Disease-Proof Your Child: Feeding Kids Right Disease-Proof Your Child Feeding Kids Right by Joel Fuhrman
and The Vanishing Box The Vanishing Box (Stephens & Mephisto Mystery, #4) by Elly Griffiths . Keeping up with professional reading while trying to keep things light on the fiction side as I ease into summer reading. :D

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma | 296 comments 24. The Vanishing Box The Vanishing Box (Stephens & Mephisto Mystery, #4) by Elly Griffiths

25. Now You See Them Now You See Them (Stephens & Mephisto Mystery, #5) by Elly Griffiths So sad that this was the last for now, hopefully more coming in this series!?

Currently Reading
Still reading Disease-Proof Your Child: Feeding Kids Right Disease-Proof Your Child Feeding Kids Right by Joel Fuhrman and going to pick up The Ten Thousand Doors of January The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow and can't wait to start it!

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma | 296 comments 36. A Death in the Small Hours A Death in the Small Hours (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #6) by Charles Finch

37. Title Wave Title Wave (Booktown Mystery #10) by Lorna Barrett I think I'll give this series on more book and then sadly say goodbye to Booktown. The protagonist has just become too unlikable to enjoy reading about. :(

Next Up:
An Old Betrayal An Old Betrayal (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #7) by Charles Finch

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma | 296 comments 38. An Old Betrayal An Old Betrayal (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #7) by Charles Finch

39. You Are the Guru You Are the Guru by Gabrielle Bernstein

40. Murder at Hatfield House Murder at Hatfield House (Elizabethan Mysteries, #1) by Amanda Carmack

Currently Reading
Well Read, Then Dead Well Read, Then Dead (A Read 'Em and Eat Mystery, #1) by Terrie Farley Moran
Definitely been in the mood for lighter reads lately, I guess. :D

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma | 296 comments 41. Well Read, Then Dead Well Read, Then Dead (A Read 'Em and Eat Mystery, #1) by Terrie Farley Moran

42. Home by Nightfall Home by Nightfall (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #9) by Charles Finch

43. The Laws of Murder The Laws of Murder (Charles Lenox Mysteries, #8) by Charles Finch

Currently Reading
Read It and Weep Read It and Weep (Library Lover's Mystery, #4) by Jenn McKinlay

I guess fall is always mystery time!

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma | 296 comments 44. Read It and Weep Read It and Weep (Library Lover's Mystery, #4) by Jenn McKinlay

45. The Gift: 12 Lessons to Save Your Life The Gift 12 Lessons to Save Your Life by Edith Eger

46. Pall in the Family Pall in the Family (A Family Fortune Mystery, #1) by Dawn Eastman

47. All the Devils Are Here All the Devils Are Here (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #16) by Louise Penny

48. Poisoned Pages Poisoned Pages (Booktown Mystery, #12) by Lorna Barrett

49. Book, Line and Sinker Book, Line and Sinker (Library Lover's Mystery, #3) by Jenn McKinlay

50. The Headmaster's Wife The Headmaster's Wife by Thomas Christopher Greene

Woa! I had no idea I was that close! Lots of good reads this year, excited for the few that are left on my shelf for the next few months.

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma | 296 comments Currently Reading
The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs The Daughters of Temperance Hobbs (The Physick Book, #2) by Katherine Howe

And next up
Rebecca Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier , The Great Alone The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah , Boundary Waters Boundary Waters (Cork O'Connor, #2) by William Kent Krueger , and a few more cozies.

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma | 296 comments 54. The Inheritance The Inheritance (Charles Lenox Mysteries #10) by Charles Finch

55. The Mistletoe Murder And Other Stories The Mistletoe Murder And Other Stories by P.D. James

Currently Reading The Thursday Murder Club The Thursday Murder Club (Thursday Murder Club, #1) by Richard Osman but not sure if I'll finish before Thursday. So, I'll call it at 55 and say it was a great reading year!