You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Group Themed Reads: Preparation > February 2020 - Theme Voting

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15393 comments Time to vote! Poll closes Jan 11.

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1...

message 2: by Peggy, Moderator (last edited Jan 08, 2020 10:29AM) (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15393 comments Sorry guys, I screwed up. I nominated books with keys on the cover, but I didn't realize it's also a trivia task (as it's not a task I need to do). We don't want the monthly read themes to match with the trivia challenge, so we decided to change the nomination slightly to 'Books with locks, keyholes or door fittings on the cover'. It can't be changed in the poll anymore, but know that when you vote for this theme, a book with just a key on the cover won't fit!

I'll also send a pm to the people who voted for this theme.

Also, if you voted for this and you want to change, you can do so in the poll (left bottom corner of the poll says 'change your vote')

message 3: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 1633 comments oh dear I just found a book with keys to nominate. Its the new one by the author of The Night Circus. I was going to change my vote.

message 4: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15393 comments Haha, that was the one I would have nominated too Renee. I changed my vote too. I have several books with keys but no locks.

message 5: by Jayme (last edited Jan 08, 2020 11:40AM) (new)

Jayme | 2547 comments Quick question - with the theme murder/death/kill in title will it have to be that word exactly or could we have words like killers/death. Just looking at my books to see what might be able to fit if that ends up being the theme.
And I was also going to nominate the same book for keys if that was the theme

message 6: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15393 comments Margo specified those words could also be the root word, so your suggestions are fine.

message 7: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15393 comments We could always set up a buddy read for The Starless Sea by the way!

message 8: by Cherie (new)

Cherie (crobins0) | 20275 comments Peggy wrote: "We could always set up a buddy read for The Starless Sea by the way!"

I have it on my TT challenge list for Card 29, Geography - Nay, "the cover has a key on it".

I would join a buddy read.

message 9: by Jayme (new)

Jayme | 2547 comments Cherie wrote: "Peggy wrote: "We could always set up a buddy read for The Starless Sea by the way!"

I have it on my TT challenge list for Card 29, Geography - Nay, "the cover has a key on it".

I would join a bu..."

Me too!

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (sanlema) | 9571 comments I. in the waiting list for it, but I will join if I get it on time.

message 11: by Margo (new)

Margo | 10037 comments Peggy wrote: "We could always set up a buddy read for The Starless Sea by the way!"

I would love a buddy read - that would get me past the difficult bit at the start.

message 12: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15393 comments I read a comment like that from you somewhere, and that got me worried! I still want to read it, but figured a buddy read might be nice ;-)

message 13: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) | 1633 comments I am in for the starless sea buddy read, I am hopping the hold list at the library is reasonable

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.