Axis Mundi X discussion

Announcements > R.I.P. Arthur C. Clarke

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dash (new)

Dash | 43 comments I just heard that Arthur C. Clarke has died. I wanted to pay my respects & take a moment to note his influence upon my life. He has always been one of my heroes!

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) I posted two quotations of his in tribute to Clarke yesterday. Then a friend in the UK told me he was a "kiddie fiddler," that he lived in Sri Lanka to escape authorities and to have access to an endless supply of cafe-au-lait-skinned boys....any truth in this?! MAN I hate so many writers & artists, but love their artwork. The work is almost always better than the person.

message 3: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Not sure about the authenticity of the site, but here's a supposed article from Sri Lanka newspaper regarding the scandal. From the blogs I've read, I think some of the insinuations come from the fact he wrote a character who was bi-sexual and that he marketed his books to "14-year-old boys". So more likely tabloid gossip than any actual proof.

http://www.lankaweb.com/news/items/02...

message 4: by Dash (new)

Dash | 43 comments From what I understand, all of the scandalous acusations werer just that. Part of a smear campaign launched by certain enemies. That's what I gather anyway, from what I have read.