FINDING AUDREY READ-ALONG discussion

MOCKINGJAY by SUZANNE COLLINS > Welcome to the #BOOKSPLOSIONJAY read-along!

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jesse (JesseTheReader) (jessethereader) | 210 comments Mod
It's NOVEMBER and the first Mockingjay film will be hitting theaters this month! We thought It'd be a great opportunity to re-read the book to get ready for the film. In this month's live show, which will be taking place on December 6th on PolandbananasBOOKS channel, we'll be discussing both the book & the film! We'll also be joined by Tiernan from TheBookTuber & Jessica from PriceIsWong.

We'll be using the hashtag #BOOKSPLOSIONJAY so be sure and hashtag your tweets, instas, and tumblr posts so we can see them!

We're super pumped to discuss this book & movie with you guys!

Love you guys!
Jesse & the Booksplosion team

message 2: by Taris (new)

Taris (taleswithtaris) Whoop! I'm super excited for the movie and the last time I read the book was a few years ago.

message 3: by Elize (new)

Elize Russell (bookscookslooks) I read all of them when the first movie came out so it would be awesome to re-read Mockingjay before seeing the movie. So excited that I get to join in this month :)

message 4: by Vikki (new)

Vikki | 4 comments Super excited to re-read Mockingjay. This was a great November pick Booksplosion!

message 5: by Indy (new)

Indy Fawcett (indymae26) | 6 comments Yay so excited to reread Mockingjay for this month! I was gonna reread it anyway so this is fab. Didn't love it the first time but keen to give it another shot!!

message 6: by Kassey (new)

Kassey (kclynne) | 18 comments I've only read the series once so this is puuuuurfeeect!

message 7: by Carys (new)

Carys (chericeri) | 2 comments Oooooh finally a book that I have already! I haven't done any of the read-alongs yet because I didn't want to have to buy the books (although I have read a couple of the books a few months later) so I'm happy to have one that I can actually do :) Although my TBR list is so long right now I'm trying to figure out where I can fit in Mockingjay... XD

message 8: by Kylea (new)

Kylea | 4 comments Awesome choice!

message 9: by Denisa (new)

Denisa C | 1 comments I've reread the Hunger Games trilogy recently, but since I've finish Mockingjay way ahead I am thinking of joining the booksplosion this month. Since Mockingjay it's a favorite way not.

Mademoizelleflo (flowlessbooks) (mademoizelleflo) | 2 comments Oh yeah, great idea !

message 11: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Gascon | 4 comments awsome, I was planning to re-read it anyway

message 12: by Macey (new)

Macey (themacmonster) Can't wait since I haven't read the books in forever and have forgotten pretty much what happens... except who dies! ;(

RIP those characters (I'm not into spoiling!)

message 13: by Macey (new)

Macey (themacmonster) Carys wrote: "Oooooh finally a book that I have already! I haven't done any of the read-alongs yet because I didn't want to have to buy the books (although I have read a couple of the books a few months later) s..."

Oh... the problems of book lovers!

message 14: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 2 comments Ahh! I was so excited when I saw this was the book for November! I'm re-reading the entire trilogy this month in preparation for the movie.

message 15: by Tove (new)

Tove (tovemaria) | 4 comments So pumped to re-read the series for the fourth time! <3

message 16: by Haylie (new)

Haylie Grace (hayliegrace) | 5 comments I was already thinking about reading this book again before the movie released.. so excited to be apart of my first readalong! :)

message 17: by Katarzyna (last edited Nov 09, 2014 02:29PM) (new)

Katarzyna (keisha_pl) | 1 comments I was planning on re-reading this anyway so that's convenient ;) So excited to finally re-read this and to see the movie adaptation! :D

message 18: by Ana (new)

Ana (404-equivalent) I won't be rereading with you, because I have a lot to read for uni + I keep reading books that I want instead of study stuff. :S
I will definitely watch the discussion, though! I think it will be a great one. :D

message 19: by Katie (new)

Katie Brock | 1 comments ah shit my copy is at my parents house :(

message 20: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 22 comments I can't wait for the movie im sooo excited

message 21: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 22 comments I can't wait for the movie im sooo excited

message 22: by Aaron James (new)

Aaron James (achapterahead) | 7 comments Ive been avoiding reading this book for so long... i guess its time to acctually sit down and crack it open. Just bought the movie cover for the read a long... here we go!!!

message 23: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 22 comments Well good luck with the book I hope you love it!!

message 24: by Aaron James (new)

Aaron James (achapterahead) | 7 comments Haylie wrote: "I was already thinking about reading this book again before the movie released.. so excited to be apart of my first readalong! :)"
Welcome to the booksplosion family!!

message 25: by Jbb Lim (last edited Nov 09, 2014 09:37PM) (new)

Jbb Lim (jbblkh) I guess this would be my first Booksplosion book of the month that I might skip. I have been procastinating to start THG series. It's either I'm able to catch up all at one go, or got stuck halfway because most of the Dystopian series makes me rage? -- I'll ponder.

message 26: by Gabriela (new)

Gabriela (hey it's gabs) (heyitsgabs) yay this is my favourite of the series

also i finished it in april cause i had to many feels

message 27: by Elize (new)

Elize Russell (bookscookslooks) just a suggestion, but i have a feeling more people would get involved if you guys picked the books 2 months in advance... So like at the beginning of December say the book for December AND January, and then beginning of January announce the book for February and so forth to allow time to prepare :) I understand thats a lot of work and some new release books may not be out that far in advance of the readalong but i think it would be a good thing to consider :)

message 28: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lray4373) | 1 comments omg I do not have an way to get mocking jay so I will read catching fire . I hope that still kind of counts. ;)

message 29: by Taylor (new)

Taylor | 22 comments What happened to ariel

Serena (livinginthepagesofbooks) (livinginthepagesofbooks) I'm so excited to read it!! It will actually be the first time I read it and I can't wait!! I just started it and am already loving it!! ❤️❤️

message 31: by Kaiya (new)

Kaiya Rose (thebluerose) | 2 comments NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO. I DON'T HAVE THE BOOK WWWHHHHYYYY. My library doesn't have the book. Sigh.

message 32: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 40 comments Are you doing the misborn read along here?

message 33: by Alice (new)

Alice (synnefrenia) | 2 comments When will there be a new Booksplosion Book of the Month?

message 34: by Katie (new)

Katie D | 1 comments I believe this months book is The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

message 35: by Alice (new)

Alice (synnefrenia) | 2 comments Katie wrote: "I believe this months book is The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson"

Ah. Thank you. Why don't they post it here so I know? :/

message 36: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 40 comments Is the final empire and misborn the same book? I own misborn by Brandon Sanderson.

message 37: by Oscar (new)

Oscar  Membreno (emembreno) | 1 comments Mom2triplets04 wrote: "Is the final empire and misborn the same book? I own misborn by Brandon Sanderson."

It is. The Trilogy is called The Mistborn, and the first book in this trilogy is The Final Empire. However, some books have Mistborn as title instead of The Final Empire, but it's the same one. :)

message 38: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 40 comments Thanks for clarifying.

Jesse (JesseTheReader) (jessethereader) | 210 comments Mod
Sorry that I haven't updated the Booksplosion page yet guys! I will update it in the next few days. For those wondering our next book of the month is The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson! The first book in the mistborn trilogy.