What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Fantasy: assassin, young apprentice. clients are always avenged

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Mcintosh | 1 comments Ok, read this book around 2011-12, been annoying me since because cant find it. here's what i remember:

Older Assassin. Young protagonist, younger one is brought in as apprentice.
Assassins (guild?) has secret homeland where they train, cant be found as they drug everyone who goes there so they cant reveal.
They use "seeds" of a plant that are twinned so that they know when their clients die, which they avenge .
the seeds and the order come from a land very far away and broken and the master of the order and the old assassin are the only ones from this land.
Martial art is featured in which they never retreat (always move toward target)
I want to say there is a city with many walls under seige for years which they visit for a bit. {maybe}
features airships.

At the end the young boy is killed but the master takes his body/ashes and leaves, there is a vague hint at magic to resurrect.

I believe this is an adult book but could be YA

Many thanks for any help

-james

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4230 comments I haven't read it, but Farlander sounds like a match.

message 3: by Allison (new)

Allison (alianora) | 105 comments In Katya Reimann's Tielmaren Chronicles, there is a young assassin - and from what I remember, there is a secret place they come from, and his master/older assasin has some herb or something to track the people they are paid to kill. He's not the main character in the books, though, but he does have several chapters to himself.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39320 comments Mod
James, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39320 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "James, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Farlander (other topics)