Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

A Slip of the Keyboard: Collected Non-Fiction
This topic is about A Slip of the Keyboard
Issues with Quotes > new librarian, cannot edit quote

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

John | 4 comments Is there some amount of time you have to be a librarian before you can edit a quote? I joined the librarians group to correct this quote ( https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/1520... ) but I don't have an "edit" link by "Quotable Quotes."

The last sentence and sentence fragment should be part of the same sentence: "really enjoyable, an aspect" etc. (The quote is on page 114 of the hardback, ISBN 9780385538305.)

John | 4 comments Actually, looking at it more closely there are four things in need of correction.

It's on Goodreads as:
"Escapism isn't good or bad of itself. What is important is what you are escaping from and what you are escaping to. I write from experience since in my case I escaped to the idea that books could be really enjoyable. An aspect of reading that teachers had not hither to suggested."

It's in the book as:
"Escapism isn't good or bad of itself. What is important is what you are escaping from and where you are escaping to. I write from experience, since in my case I escaped to the idea that books could be really enjoyable, an aspect of reading that teachers had not hitherto suggested."

message 3: by Paula (new)

Paula (paulaan) | 7029 comments Joining the group does not make you a librarian

message 4: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19981 comments Fixed quote.

John | 4 comments Thanks, Abcdarian. And thanks, Paula, for clearing up that misconception.