Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Natural Elements
This topic is about Natural Elements
Bulletin Board > How does it feel to be different from everyone else?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new) - added it

Tracey Hook | 47 comments How does it feel to be different from everyone else? In a world where skin color means everything, eighteen year old Geeta, a young woman of mixed race must deal with bigotry, rejection, and isolation every day in modern Bombay society. What are some challenges you face in your daily life? Natural Elements

message 2: by Tracey (new) - added it

Tracey Hook | 47 comments Feel free to jot down your experiences/challenges. What motivated you to carry on?

message 3: by Tracey (new) - added it

Tracey Hook | 47 comments What could Geeta do to help resolve some of her challenges?

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda Jackson (whys) | 13 comments To consistently be the one no one ever wanted, the one that others ridiculed or the one whose hopes were crushed hurt to the point where I gave way under its weight. But when I hit that bottom, it was as though I'd smacked into something, some place from which I sensed I could grasp answers, feel the intuitive knowing, and gather necessary strength. I'm still writing about it.

message 5: by Tracey (new) - added it

Tracey Hook | 47 comments Writing often heals the hurt. And sometimes the strength you find is within yourself. Beautifully written Linda and I hope you keep the strength within.

message 6: by Linda (new)

Linda Jackson (whys) | 13 comments That saying, 'no pain, no gain', I used to intensely dislike. But now, many years later, with hindsight on those numerous pains, I know I wouldn't be as insightful or understanding if I hadn't had those experiences. My main focus now is on 'the journey to life', the inspiration, awe, beauty, intrigue and all that uplifts, empowers or in any way brings about my soul smile. This helps me rise beyond the hurting things life dishes out.

message 7: by Tracey (new) - added it

Tracey Hook | 47 comments Amen to that!