Breathing in the Pages ღ discussion

Archive: BotM > November BOTM

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 159 comments What should the November BOTM be.

I was thinking maybe The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

message 2: by Abi (new)

Abi (_abi) | 453 comments Haven't really heard of it. Is it good??

message 3: by Diamond (new)

Diamond (diamondnaz) | 1 comments Oh I've heard it's amazing! Great nomination I second that. Have had it on my shelf forever haven't gotten to it yet :)

message 4: by Sarah , Head Mod! (new)

Sarah  ღ | 818 comments Mod
hey guys! who wants to start reading this book? we can do it as a group! just reply here or send me a message :)

message 5: by Aasha (new)

Aasha Ramlal | 14 comments I'm in! Been wanting to give this book a shot for months.

message 6: by Sarah , Head Mod! (new)

awesome! do you already have it?

message 7: by Aasha (new)

Aasha Ramlal | 14 comments Yup.

message 8: by Sarah , Head Mod! (new)

So do you just wanna read it then talk about it or read it a couple chapters at a time then talk?

message 9: by Aasha (new)

Aasha Ramlal | 14 comments Anything.... I don't mind.

message 10: by Sarah , Head Mod! (new)

So i just sent a group message out to see if anybody else was interested, but in the meantime lets read the first 5 chapters for like tmrw, but if u finish sooner just leave a post and we can talk then :)

message 11: by Aasha (new)

Aasha Ramlal | 14 comments Ok :)

message 12: by Riya (new)

Riya | 636 comments It's a great book guys!! I hope you like it :)

message 13: by Bella (new)

Bella | 1 comments I want to do this b/c it seems awesome, but I've alread read the unbecoming of mara dyer, so is it ok if I reread it?

message 14: by bean (new)

bean :) This book has been on my "to-read" list for a while. Can't wait to start it! :)

Might take me a while to get it (via library), but I'll do my best to keep up.

message 15: by Sarah , Head Mod! (new)

Bella wrote: "I want to do this b/c it seems awesome, but I've alread read the unbecoming of mara dyer, so is it ok if I reread it?"

definitely! this is going to be my second read of it!!

message 16: by Aasha (last edited Nov 12, 2014 03:22PM) (new)

Aasha Ramlal | 14 comments Ok, so I finished the first five chapters [I know that took really long but I have exams to study for :( ]
Initial thoughts:
I'm loving it so far! There's this mysterious sort of unreliable feel to the writing style. Also, is she actually seeing things or are they really just hallucinations? And did she kill her friends? Because the Ouija board said Rachel would die by the Mara.... I think. Creepy....

message 17: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Stark | 1 comments I started reading it tonight. I was hoping to catch up with you guys. I just finished chapter 4. So far I like it, but it's strange to me that the police didn't ask her any questions about what happened. I know she wouldn't have been able to answer it, but even if it was an accident, wouldn't they do some sort of investigation?

message 18: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 159 comments I'm on chapter 36 so far and I think its really good

message 19: by Tara (new)

Tara Tolly (taratolly) | 1 comments Hello, everyone!
I read this one over the summer and I really enjoyed it. It really kept me guessing until the end. But I always love to talk about books, so I will still try to keep in the loop. :)

message 20: by Brianna (new)

Brianna I have already read the book in the past and it a very amazing book. It is full of all the qualities that every good book should have; Romance, Action, Adventure, and it is even a little Creepy at times!!!! Really good book!

message 21: by Chantae (new)

Chantae B. | 159 comments I'm so confused about the ending it made it seem like she wasn't hallucinating but she is like crazy right now