Language Good Learns [LGL] discussion

I wanna speak English > Hello There, Whats up?

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ahmad (new)

Ahmad Wagieh (wagieh) | 29 comments Mod
Hey,
Iam so glad to greet you to the very first topic here .. and the beginning of our learning journey ..

let's go..
- Tell us about your self?
- Where are you from?
- Your Level in English?
- Why do you want to learn English?
- What other Languages have you learned and what's your level?
- What's your plan to improve your English?

any other thing you want to inform us about ..

------------
P.S..
write without fearing of doing mistakes..
Write as much as you can ..

:)

message 2: by أحلام (last edited Nov 08, 2014 08:18AM) (new)

أحلام  بريئة | 4 comments I'm Ahlem from Algeria, I'm 24 years old, I have a master degree in english language. I speak Arabic very good, but french a little bit. I wish I can speak Spanish.I hope we can improve our languages here. I wish the best to you my friends.
thanks

message 3: by Ahmad (last edited Nov 08, 2014 07:24AM) (new)

Jiji wrote: "I'm Ahlem from Algeria, I'm 24 years old, I have a master degree in english language. I speak Arabic very good, but french a little bit. I wish I can speak Spanish.I hope we can improve our languag..."

Welcome Ahlem, :)
I feel a bit wondering that you're speaking a little bit french, Cause our stereotype of Algerian & Moroccan that you all native or at least a good French speakers!! so maybe we should change our mind about this idea :)

Btw, Do you have any Ideas to exchange and improve our languages you wanna share?

message 4: by Zoka (new)

Zoka | 1 comments أنا محمود من مصر عمري25أريد تعلم الإنجليزية ببراعة أن شاء الله

message 5: by أحلام (new)

أحلام  بريئة | 4 comments Ahmed wrote: "Jiji wrote: "I'm Ahlem from Algeria, I'm 24 years old, I have a master degree in english language. I speak Arabic very good, but french a little bit. I wish I can speak Spanish.I hope we can improv..."

thank you Ahmed,
Yes you are right it's something abnormal hhhhh, normally I speak french very well,but I love English more than French. I understand French very well, but I don't speak it. this is why I said a little bit.

message 6: by Ahmad (new)

Zoka wrote: "أنا محمود من مصر عمري25أريد تعلم الإنجليزية ببراعة أن شاء الله"

Please Write in English Mahmoud .. even if you'll have mistakes .
It's the only way that'll help you learn faster

As a start... you're expected to Edit this post into English :)

message 7: by إيناس (new)

إيناس أحمد (enas_elmetab) | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm Enas Ahmed From Egypt

I'm a fresh graduate from medical school ( actually my last exam will be next Wednesday )

I've been speaking English since I was 5 cause I was an Experimental language school

I'm good at writing and reading, I used to be fluent in speaking ,However I have some struggles nowadays because I don't practice like I used to during school

I'm also fair in French and I try to revise it but unfortunately I don't have much time

I plan to enhance my spoken English by taking a course in the next vacation and by communicating with people who speak English fluently.

Best Regards.

message 8: by Ahmad (last edited Nov 08, 2014 09:40AM) (new)

إيناس wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm Enas Ahmed From Egypt

I'm a fresh graduate from medical school ( actually my last exam will be next Wednesday )

I've been speaking English since I was 5 cause I was an Experimen..."

Hi Enas,
I associate learning English with building a muscle, imagine it! you need to practice within your whole life or it'll be erosion, or become so weak .
No doubt we all need to sharp and Improve our language, and I hope this group will give us a big chance to help each others.

you're going to take a course ,,, nice
but what else?
tell us more about you improving ways?

message 9: by Ahmad (new)

Jiji wrote: "Ahmed wrote: "Jiji wrote: "I'm Ahlem from Algeria, I'm 24 years old, I have a master degree in english language. I speak Arabic very good, but french a little bit. I wish I can speak Spanish.I hope..."

Interesting :)
So in your opinion.. which one is easier and why?
English or French

message 10: by Abdelrahman (new)

Abdelrahman Mohamadeen | 1 comments Hello :)
I'm Abdelrahman from Egypt.
I've just finished my secondary school and begun studying Engineering at college. I was in a language school (which I think is not a big deal, especially if it is public, like mine). But I used to practice English a lot on the internet.
I can give my English language 6.5/10. My English obviously needs much improvement. I am supposed to have studied French for several year at school, but yeah, I still know about French as much as I know about Japanese ^_^
I want to learn/improve my English because I can't imagine myself 10 years from now in the same language level I am in now... that would be failure!
I'm managing to have learned/be perfect at 2 languages at least by then, aside from Arabic.

Thanks for the this nice opportunity, I like the idea of the group. :)

message 11: by نورهان (last edited Nov 08, 2014 10:27AM) (new)

نورهان البدوي (nourhanelbadawy) | 6 comments Hi everyone
I'm Nourhan from Egypt. I'm 20 years old. I'm a junior student at the Faculty of Languages and Simultaneous Interpretation , English Department. Actually I study English since I was 4 years old 'cause I was at Model language religious institute. I also study French as my second language at school. It's my second year studying it , Actually I can't speak it at all . I'm so bad in it . It's academic learning that isn't useful.
I want to improve my two languages, Some day I'll be an Interpreter and I want to speak as a native speaker.
This is a very good chance to promote our tongues.
My regards to all :)

message 12: by Ahmad (last edited Nov 08, 2014 10:16AM) (new)

Abdelrahman wrote: "Hello :)
I'm Abdelrahman from Egypt.
I've just finished my secondary school and begun studying Engineering at college. I was in a language school (which I think is not a big deal, especially if it ..."

Hello Abdelrahman, I wish you all succeed in your study and in your life, and I like the idea of valuing your English, and the sense of audition and seriousness in your wishing about learning .
Nothing like PRACTICE can help you , so force yourself to write, listen, talk and read in English Every day .. Surround your self by English.
invite all of your interesting friends , the more we talk the fast we learn :)

message 13: by Ahmad (last edited Nov 08, 2014 11:15AM) (new)

Nourhan wrote: "Hi everyone
I'm Nourhan from Egypt. I'm 20 years old. I'm a junior student at the Faculty of Languages and Simultaneous Interpretation , English Department. Actually I study English since I was 4 y..."

Welcome Nourhan,
I like your determined language, you know what exactly you want and how to achieve it. I have no doubt that you'll be an irreplaceable Interpreter in god welling. :)
just keep it up..
and contact us here as much as you can, Practice to go further.

Greetings

message 14: by نورهان (new)

نورهان البدوي (nourhanelbadawy) | 6 comments Thank you for your praise , I'm so excited about this idea . It'll help more people in writing perfect English and improve their levels and I'm one of them.
Best whishes

message 15: by Ahmad (last edited Nov 08, 2014 11:23AM) (new)

Nourhan wrote: "Thank you for your praise , I'm so excited about this idea . It'll help more people in writing perfect English and improve their levels and I'm one of them.
Best whishes"

You're Welcome Nourhan .
We all need that .. writing everyday in English will make a significant breakthrough ..

message 16: by نورهان (new)

نورهان البدوي (nourhanelbadawy) | 6 comments I hope so ...

message 17: by أحلام (new)

أحلام  بريئة | 4 comments Ahmed wrote: "Jiji wrote: "Ahmed wrote: "Jiji wrote: "I'm Ahlem from Algeria, I'm 24 years old, I have a master degree in english language. I speak Arabic very good, but french a little bit. I wish I can speak S..."

Salut,
Pour moi, Je pense que la langue anglaise est plus facile que la langue francaise parce que j'ètait une etudiante d'anglais et aussi une maîtresse dans le collège, c'est pour ça je dis ça. (Do you like my french hhh).

message 18: by Ahmad (new)

Jiji wrote: "Ahmed wrote: "Jiji wrote: "Ahmed wrote: "Jiji wrote: "I'm Ahlem from Algeria, I'm 24 years old, I have a master degree in english language. I speak Arabic very good, but french a little bit. I wish..."

Impressive :)

message 19: by Z (last edited Nov 13, 2014 06:37AM) (new)

Z Maher | 2 comments what a great idea .. i like it very much .. i am zainab from Egypt .. i am 20 years old .. i have gust finished English course ( level 5 ) last summer .. i want to learn it very will because i love it very much .. i feel happy practicing my English .. actually i even thinking in English sometimes .. i learned some French at sec school .. i planing to have more courses in English and conversation ..
finally ..
great idea and well done =)

message 20: by J.z (new)

J.z | 1 comments hi
iam jiji from Egypt i have learnt english before and this time i do some courses in britsh councel .
i have a nice idea if we make a whatsapp group to speak ,write and correct any wrong things in our conversation .
if any body find any mistak in my words sorrryyyyyyy for that
and
thank you ahmed

message 21: by Heba (new)

Heba Hassan | 4 comments http://www.duolingo.com/ i hope it can help it is for any language you want to learn and i am learned from it

message 22: by Ahmad (last edited Nov 10, 2014 08:53AM) (new)

Z wrote: "what a great idea .. i like it very much .. i am zainab from Egypt .. i am 20 years old .. i have gust finish English course ( level 5 ) last summer .. i want to learn it very will because i love ..."

Welcome Zainab,
Glad to read your comment, and hope to read from you here everyday. never stop. It's easy to get the hang of English If you really surround yourself with English.

PS.
revise your comment..
some mistakes need your rewriting ..

:)

message 23: by Ahmad (new)

J.z wrote: "hi
iam jiji from Egypt i have learnt english before and this time i do some courses in britsh councel .
i have a nice idea if we make a whatsapp group to speak ,write and correct any wrong thi..."

Welcome Jiji,
First of all, Don't be worry about mistake pleaaaaaaaaaase :)
you're here to make mistakes. And you should make them to learn ..

I like that your start here is coming with suggesting Ideas to learn, and indeed It's a great idea about whats-app group, a lot of Ideas coming after like skype maybe or why not .. a chat room - forum or OUR OWN SITE maybe..
Just waiting a little to gathering friends who want to learn .. and Release our English Giant inside ourselves together :)

Don't hesitate to tell us any Idea you have :)

message 24: by Ahmad (new)

Heba wrote: "http://www.duolingo.com/ i hope it can help it is for any language you want to learn and i am learned from it"

Welcome Heba,
You seem so helpful, that's so great ..
thanks for sharing this site with us, and I recommend it too and its Android app...

But...
You didn't say a word about (Heba)
who you are?
we here to talk .. talk and tell us about (Heba) as you know her. :)

message 25: by Heba (last edited Nov 10, 2014 09:44AM) (new)

Heba Hassan | 4 comments Ahmed wrote: "Heba wrote: "http://www.duolingo.com/ i hope it can help it is for any language you want to learn and i am learned from it"

Welcome Heba,
thanks for shar..."

okay i am Heba 17 years old in secondary school from Egypt i love English and other languages i am trying to learn french

message 26: by Ahmad (new)

Heba wrote: "Ahmed wrote: "Heba wrote: "http://www.duolingo.com/ i hope it can help it is for any language you want to learn and i am learned from it"

Welcome Heba,
t..."

Good be with you Heba..
it's your hardest study years ever I think.
Wish to see your posts everyday ... never stop using English my friend :)

message 27: by Heba (new)

Heba Hassan | 4 comments Ahmed wrote: "Heba wrote: "Ahmed wrote: "Heba wrote: "http://www.duolingo.com/ i hope it can help it is for any language you want to learn and i am learned from it"

Welcome Heba,
You seem so helpful, that's s..."

i also think that but i will do my best thank you very much i hope i could communicate

message 28: by أحلام (new)

أحلام  بريئة | 4 comments Heba wrote: "http://www.duolingo.com/ i hope it can help it is for any language you want to learn and i am learned from it"

thank you heba for the link, it's so interesting.

message 29: by Heba (new)

Heba Hassan | 4 comments Jiji wrote: "Heba wrote: "http://www.duolingo.com/ i hope it can help it is for any language you want to learn and i am learned from it"

thank you heba for the link, it's so interesting."

you're welcome :)

message 30: by Z (new)

Z Maher | 2 comments Ahmed wrote: "Z wrote: "what a great idea .. i like it very much .. i am zainab from Egypt .. i am 20 years old .. i have gust finish English course ( level 5 ) last summer .. i want to learn it very will becau..."

i hope that too .. i'll tray to writ here ( weekly at lest )
about my mistakes i found 2 of them =) let me know if there others please =)

message 31: by Ahmad (new)

Z wrote: "Ahmed wrote: "Z wrote: "what a great idea .. i like it very much .. i am zainab from Egypt .. i am 20 years old .. i have gust finish English course ( level 5 ) last summer .. i want to learn it v..."

I hope you try to Post here more than once a week :)

about mistakes..
2 or more doesn't matter. don't be worry unless you can't notice and work on them .. then we expect you to rewrite them if you feel like.
It's our way for active correcting here. Everyone works on his own mistakes firstly, so It'll be so hard to be redoing.

message 32: by Manona1992 (new)

Manona1992 | 1 comments hello
i am Menna from Egypt
i am 22 years old
i am a computer programmer
most of my studies and work are in English
i can read and understand English but i want to practice expressing my thoughts and having conversations in English
i want to improve my English by having English conversations

message 33: by Ahmad (last edited Dec 05, 2014 01:33PM) (new)

Manona1992 wrote: "hello
i am Menna from Egypt
i am 22 years old
i am a computer programmer
most of my studies and work are in English
i can read and understand English but i want to practice expressing my thoug..."

Hello Menna :)
you're so welcome here, and if you want to improve you English.. Just surround yourself with it .. everyday.. it's not studying . it's life ..

Our group here is chance .. an if you serious about it .. there's another chance .. in our Facebook Group.. for British Council students .. maybe you're not one of them .. but if you're serious ..so Welcome :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bcsegypt

>

message 34: by Omid (new)

Omid | 1 comments Hi
I'm Omid from Iran. 24 years old.
I studied English only in school. my reading and listening skills are OK, but I'm poor at writing and speaking.
I'm new to this group. I'm planning to improve my language by reading English books.

message 35: by Ahmad (new)

Omid wrote: "Hi
I'm Omid from Iran. 24 years old.
I studied English only in school. my reading and listening skills are OK, but I'm poor at writing and speaking.
I'm new to this group. I'm planning to improve m..."

Welcome Omid ..
Hopefully this group will help you evolve your writing .. Just keep practicing everyday .. write for us .. without any fear from doing mistake .. :)

welcome again :)