Newberry & Caldecott Reading Group discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell a little about yourself if you would like and tell why you are interested in this group.

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia Cieslak | 9 comments I'm a new kindergarten teacher at O'hara in Eugene, Oregon. I've always loved to read, and I want to read through all the Newberry and Caldecott award winners for teacher's research and for my own personal enjoyment and education. I'm currently plowing through both book lists. Summer is my major reading time, but I always read around 2 books at any given time; one for spiritual growth and one for bedtime reading.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I'm Mary and I am a Library Associate in the Youth Department at our library. I'm trying to read as many of the Newberry and Caldecott books to help recommend titles to our patrons. I've recently been trying to read at least 1 YA, 1 Manga, 1 graphic novel and several picture books every week. What can I say...I love reading!

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia Cieslak | 9 comments So what books is everyone currently reading? Slogging my way through invincible louisa.

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol Palmer | 4 comments Wow! Small group - I thought there would be more interest in this topic. I'm from Texas and I'm now retired, but taught PreK and Kindergarten for years. I've always loved the Newberry & Caldecott books & at one time had a collection of them. However, those have all gone off to grandkids now :-)

I'm an avid reader of all genres of literature, usually reading between 100 to 200 books per year. My plan for the Newberry & Caldecott books is to start with the oldest ones and work my way up to present day. I'm thinking of reading 26 Newberry books & 26 Caldecott books this year. That includes the honor books as well as the winners. We'll see how it goes!