Dear John Dear John discussion

Characters

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Amanda Brattstrom What are your takes on Savannah's love for John and Tim? Do you think she loves one more than the other? Let me know what you think! I'm interested in starting a discussion on this!

Shannon I don't know, it is hard to decide on. I know that she loved John once and that she never got over him but I think that she loves Tim more because she decided to marry him and she devoted herself to him when he was sick.

Nouran Gamal i don't think she really loved Tim, i guess she liked him too much and also felt sorry for him, plus he's her friend and was there for her, so i guess they had many things shared other than the kinda love she had for john,, i mean if john was around and they both proposed who do u think she'd say yes to?

Shannon Probably John..........good point :)

message 5: by Jessica (last edited Jun 14, 2011 07:00PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica i think that she loved both of them with different kinds of love. john was "the one" for her, it was real love right from the start and she would have ended up with him if he chose to stick around. he's that guy that she would probably never get over. tim was there for her and has always been a friend, but sometimes those friends can turn into something down the road for some people. it's like through their friendship she learned to love him and it grew to the point where they ended up together.

Lida I think that she loved John, but that she was kind of selfish??? and that she probably married Tim, because she was lonely and he was friendly.
Yet, when John came back, she acted all funny round him, showing that she wasnt over him yet, even so that Tim noticed it. So I feel great pity for her and Tim, because the rest of her life she will wonder "what if".

Jessica Lida wrote: "I think that she loved John, but that she was kind of selfish??? and that she probably married Tim, because she was lonely and he was friendly.
Yet, when John came back, she acted all funny round h..."

people could probably say that both sides were selfish. wasn't there tons of talk about being together after he served his time? once he was done, she was counting on them starting their lives together. i would have been pretty pissed too. you have to remember what it's probably like for her, she loves him and there's always that thing in the back of her mind constantly thinking if he's going to be okay while he's there. a constant worry that you can't shake. probably didn't want to put herself through that all over again. you could say that he was selfish too, by breaking the plans that she stuck around for only to find out that she would be waiting even longer.

Michael This is a great question :) I think that she loved John more but she had something special with Tim. Tim loved her for a long time but she fell in love with John over a couple of weeks, at least that is my take. John loved her enough to let her go, but I think that she deeply cared more about John than Tim.

Maan Penaflor I think she loves John more, just that their love was not in a perfect timing. If he hadn't enlisted again, it will be him she'll end up with and not Tim. I'm not saying that she doesn't love Tim, in fact she does, but for a different reason and in a different way. She loves Tim because he was his friend and he was always there whenever he needed her without asking any questions.