What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Book of the Dead
This topic is about Book of the Dead
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Book of the Dead? Book with gold pages grants people's wishes at a price [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Neil Rochford (neiltr) | 2 comments Hey there! I read this back around thirteen years ago, but I'm pretty sure it had already been in print for a while even then.

It starts off with a couple having problems, and the guy ends up finding this book with solid gold pages in it. Things start to go great for him, but not so much for people who cross him or antagonize him. Kind of like a literary Monkey's Paw.

The pages of the book have weird writing in it, and it appears with a thump whenever he has a thought or desire about something.

There are some early scenes with the Devil and Lilith, I think the book was Lilith manifest on Earth or something, I'm not sure.

It was a pulp horror book, lots of sex scenes and deaths.

I was sure the title was Book of the Dead or something along those lines but I can't find it anywhere online.

Anybody got any ideas?

Angie | 96 comments Could it be "Book of the Dead" by John Tigges?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

It was pretty pulpy, and there were scenes with Lilith talking to the devil, etc. It was published in 1992.

Neil Rochford (neiltr) | 2 comments It is! Thank you so much. Thought I'd never find it