YA Reads with Mostly Books discussion

November- The End of a Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mostly (new)

Mostly  Books (mostlybooks) | 112 comments Mod
Leave any comments you have regarding our theme of, the end of a trilogy here. This is for Boundless, If I Should Die, and Clockwork Princess.

message 2: by Risa Ann (new)

Risa Ann | 8 comments Clockwork Princess YAY!!!! I actually bought this book from Mostly Books a few months ago!

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments These books are on my TBR list, but so are the others in their respective trilogies. So many great books, so little time!

message 4: by Mostly (new)

I know! I need a month completely dedicated to reading just to make a dent on my TBR pile, but diving into Clockwork Princess today-yay!

message 5: by Risa Ann (new)

Risa Ann | 8 comments Mostly wrote: "I know! I need a month completely dedicated to reading just to make a dent on my TBR pile, but diving into Clockwork Princess today-yay!"

Yay! This series is one of my all time favorites and this ending?!?!? Seriously amazing!I'm thinking of having a reread....I'd love to know your thoughts as you go! Happy Reading!

message 6: by Sherry (last edited Nov 29, 2014 06:50PM) (new)

Sherry | 19 comments Boundless:
This was an amazing end to a wonderful trilogy.
Love the characters so much though, I would like to see other books in this world.

If I Should Die:
Absolutely love these characters so much. Fabulous wrap up to the trilogy. Would like to know more about ALL of the characters--more in depth.

message 7: by Mostly (new)

Risa wrote: "Mostly wrote: "I know! I need a month completely dedicated to reading just to make a dent on my TBR pile, but diving into Clockwork Princess today-yay!"

Yay! This series is one of my all time fav..."

Okay,I was a little worried that I was going to hate the end, but no Clare came through for us even in the end. I love the atmosphere of this series. I think she captures the 19th century perfectly. And lets face it, any book that parallels their characters to Tale of Two Cities and quotes Alfred Lord Tennyson is awesome in my world.

Have you read all of the Mortal Instruments series? I have only read book one, but now I am really thinking I need to finish them to find out more about Jem.

message 8: by Risa Ann (new)

Risa Ann | 8 comments YAY!! I am so glad you liked it, and I couldn't agree more, I think this series was AMAZING! And I just felt the way she handled the "love-triangle" was wonderful and respectful of everyone evolved ya know? I couldn't even be "team" anyone, i just loved them all!!

I have read all of TMI, with the exception of the last two, which are collecting dust in my TBR pile. I LOVED the first three in the series, but after four it started to lag for me and I have yet to pick it back up even knowing that we will eventually see more Jem and Tessa!! (motivation right??) But I would definitely say the series is worth a read.