YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Shutdown (Glitch, #3)
This topic is about Shutdown
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Shutdown (Glitch #3) by Heather Anastasiu ---> Starting November 12th, 2014

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments The battle is all but over, and hope seems to be lost. Zoe and her fellow Resistance fighters are on the run, having lost their home, their protection, and their leader. They are outnumbered and outmatched by the powerful corporation that controls the world, and the cruel Chancellor is inches away from completing a scheme that would kill most of humanity. Zoe's only remaining option is to chase the impossible dream of upending the Link system, freeing the world from the hardware that controls their thoughts and emotions, and hope it will trigger a revolution.

The plot requires a nearly impossible mission to infiltrate the dangerous Community, and it is a task that Zoe must unfortunately complete alone. With challenges and surprises at every turn, nothing goes according to plan. Adrien's visions of the future now show two possible outcomes: one in which they succeed, and one in which humanity falls. It all lies in Zoe's hands.

Full of romance, high-adrenaline action and shocking twists, Shutdown is a heart-pounding conclusion to an exciting sci-fi adventure trilogy for young adults.

The thrilling conclusion to an action-packed sci-fi trilogy

Christina | 4418 comments Can't wait!

Christina | 4418 comments This book is so easy to get into! 20%-(view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 6%- OMG I totally forgot that Zoe's older brother died.. The whole time during Override I was wondering where he was! Author didn't do a good job of reminding us of that from first book.. Anyways, poor Adrien! My heart hurts at how he's acting..

Christina | 4418 comments @Rachael haha maybe it's been a while since you read the first book. I still remembered that fact =)

26%- (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments 46%- (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments 68%-(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments 81% - (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 26% this is kinda slow I feel like.. Can't really get into it yet. (view spoiler)

message 10: by Christina (last edited Nov 14, 2014 04:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christina | 4418 comments @Rachael
I thought differently. There was never a dull moment for me in this book!

Finished!! An epic ending (as expected!) (view spoiler)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments reading this now

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Christina wrote: "This book is so easy to get into! 20%-[spoilers removed]"

I almost cry on that one. Zoe and Adrien is breaking my heart

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 55% (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments @Rachael I agree! (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments 83% wow! She sure has mastered using her powers! (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Finished! Wow - so good absolutely loved the ending. Really enjoyed this series!

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I agree with everything you said! (view spoiler)

message 18: by Christina (last edited Nov 19, 2014 02:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christina | 4418 comments @Rachael
YAY! I'm glad it picked up for you :) AMAZING BOOK. Love it to pieces!!

(view spoiler)

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments chapter 9 (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments @Princess
Great comparison!

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments 94% (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I stopped liking Max in the first book so I wasn't too sad.. I did feel bad for him because I could tell he was honestly trying but he had just messed it up for himself

Princess Godoy (feelinggenius) | 1125 comments Well I really like his character, he might be twisted and doesn't care about other people's feeling except himself but I adore him for his love for Zoe, I mean he's really dedicated.

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments That's true!

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments That's true!

Christina | 4418 comments (view spoiler)