All the Light We Cannot See All the Light We Cannot See question

where is the stone?
Karen Karen Nov 05, 2014 06:58AM
I'm afraid I missed the stone's finality--any help for me?

Marie Laure threw it into the sea

Robert (last edited May 02, 2015 05:28PM ) Jan 26, 2015 05:17PM   0 votes
Marie-Laure tossed the model house containing the stone into the ocean. Werner returned and saved the house (somehow managed to open it) took the stone out and threw it to the ocean. (It was described as being covered in moss and snails.) He put the key into the house and kept it. Why? I really don't know.

I agree with Robert.
I was really hoping though that when the novel fast forwarded to the 1970s and Werner's sister returned the house to Marie-Laure, that when she opened it, the diamond would have been inside and she'd sold it and become richer than her wildest dreams :))

He alluded to the fact near the end that it was among the sea anemones and with the other sea creatures in the grotto. Seems that Werner dropped it there. Not official though...

Lily Thx, Paige. Most complete sequence I've heard yet. It fits with what my f2f book club pointed out in its discussion just this past weekend -- that pre ...more
Jan 22, 2015 08:17AM
Pearl I must go to the grotto! ;) I was a bit disappointed in leaving the diamond among the marine life, although I understand why Marie through it away. Ki ...more
Feb 25, 2015 12:02PM

it ended up in the sea.