What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Need help about this collection of short stories by Alfred Hitchcock

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krishnakumar (new)

Krishnakumar | 1 comments I have been looking for this book which is a collection of short stories by Alfred Hitchcock (collected by him, not written by). All I can remember is the plots of these stories, nothing else.

Here goes,
1. A man thinks he has committed the perfect murder of his paraylsed wife. But he is caught at the airport and he learns his wife was not paralysed after all. A cat becomes the turning point.
2. A man is kidnapped and he finds that he is locked somewhere nearby an airport by the sound of an airplane.
3. A husband and wife kills each other and neighbours think husband dies drinking poisoned coffee in grief of his wife dying of a statue falling on her head.
4. Two men fight over a briefcase full of money, while a girl (one guy's step daughter) waits for them to kill each other and escapes with the money.

I will be grateful if someone could point me to the individual stories or the book itself.
Thanks in advance

message 2: by Jo (new)

Jo Andrews | 55 comments I have a Hitchcock anthology called Stories to Be Read with the Door Locked.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...
I don't recall any of the individual stories you describe, but it's been a while since I read it. I'll have a look through and see if I can match anything.

message 3: by Jo (new)

Jo Andrews | 55 comments Unfortunately mine does not appear to be the same book. However there are some additional anthologies listed at the beginning that might be the one:
Stories to be Read with the Lights On<\a>
Breaking the Scream Barrier<\a>
There are also a bunch of children's anthologies listed, but I feel they're unlikely to be a match.

message 4: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 83 comments Here's a link to his anthologies. There are many, but maybe you'll recognize a title.

http://the.hitchcock.zone/wiki/Hitchc...

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Krishnakumar, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39280 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Krishnakumar, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.