Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Unlovable
This topic is about Unlovable
Previous BRs - Authors; A - D > Doe, Choice Jane - Unloveable; Informal Buddy Read: Starts November 9, 2014

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Nov 04, 2014 09:58PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30933 comments Mod
This topic is open for discussion about Unlovable by Choice Jane Doe.
Trigger warning for (view spoiler)

Book Synopsis:
Thirteen year old Jessica thinks she just hit the jackpot. The most popular boy in her middle-school, Eric, just became her boyfriend and now she’s finally in the ‘it’ crowd. At first the relationship is like a dream come true but it quickly turns into a nightmare when Eric becomes abusive, controlling and sexually violates Jessica. Unable to understand how someone could say I love you and the next minute treats you like someone they hate, Jessica gets sucked into the abusive behavior and loses herself completely to it.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 4: by Eni (new)

Eni | 2046 comments yay hurray! i kinda lost track of the discussion in the buddy reads requests, but glad this was set up =D

message 5: by Eni (new)

Eni | 2046 comments :| i just checked the page count with the mods and it's less than 100 pages it seems. So it doesn't count for Tower Teams :(

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments Yeah, we noticed that, too Eni... but we're still going to read it, right Ducky? We were planning on reading 30% as we are both reading it on kindles.. I will be starting later on tonight and will be reporting back here, hope you decide to read, too, Eni.

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments I will be reading it because I can still get points for other things but I am upset I don't get points for it for Tower Teams :/

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments Done with my 30% and not really sure what to make of it.. Haha

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments I am just now starting it. I don't like that the Kindle doesn't have page numbers ugh

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments I know. What the heck kindle!

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments Ducky, what did you think?

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments Hopefully I'm not the only one doing this buddy read... lol !

I finished my 30% for the night, and..

I'm still not really sure what I think about this whole thing yet.

(view spoiler)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Sorry, I have been gone most of the day. I'm just now finishing up my 30% and will be letting you know what I think soon! So far (view spoiler)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Danielle, how do you feel about Eric? Do you think that she is going to stay with him even though he's treating her so poorly?

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments I also hate Eric! (view spoiler)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Thoughts up to 60%
(view spoiler)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Danielle wrote: "I also hate Eric! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments RIGHT?! (view spoiler)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Danielle wrote: "RIGHT?! [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Danielle wrote: "RIGHT?! [spoilers removed]"

I am just so scared for her.

But does your edition have like a ton of grammar errors?"

Yeah, there are a ton of grammar errors, I read in the reviews that a lot of people were getting pretty mad about that. I hate that, too, but am trying to not let it bother me too much.

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Danielle wrote: "Beth (Ducky) wrote: "Danielle wrote: "RIGHT?! [spoilers removed]"

I am just so scared for her.

But does your edition have like a ton of grammar errors?"

Yeah, there are a ton of grammar errors,..."

It wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't make the book confusing at times.

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments Alright, so.. I'm not sure Ducky if you're still reading this, or if you finished. I had skipped a few days to read Stolen instead.. and last night ended up finishing both of the books.

I want to write my honest feelings about this one, but I'm not always the best with it.

I feel like this book was written in a rushed sort of way. I feel like the author could've taken a bit more time to actually write the story out, instead of it being so rushed and fast, but at the same time I'm unsure if I wanted it to be ANY longer because... truthfully I wasn't a huge fan. I'm not saying I hated it, it was an okay story line.. (I guess)

(view spoiler)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments I did finish the book so these are my final thoughts

(view spoiler)

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments Ducky, you're absolutely right.

(view spoiler)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments (view spoiler)

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments You are probably right, I am just so naive.

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments And it's a good thing that you are! I wish I was

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments I mean I know stuff like this happens, (view spoiler)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Danielle wrote: "I mean I know stuff like this happens, [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Danielle (savemykissesx) | 151 comments I hear you.. and your feelings aren't wrong, I am there with you, too and agree 100% with you, aside from one thing... (view spoiler)

Beth  (jasonverlander) | 1490 comments Danielle wrote: "I hear you.. and your feelings aren't wrong, I am there with you, too and agree 100% with you, aside from one thing... [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Unlovable (other topics)