Mid-Continent Public Library discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MH (new)

MH (librarian-m) | 236 comments Mod
What was the last book you DNF (did not finish)? What does it take for you to put a book down and never pick it up again?

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 195 comments Mod
I have several I did not finish. Probably the biggest one was Gone Girl. If I don't like the main characters I am not going to waste my time. If the story is so convoluted I again won't waste my time. I have too many other books to read.

message 3: by Chloe (last edited Nov 26, 2014 03:08PM) (new)

Chloe (chloe36) | 21 comments I did not finish Vixen, a historical fiction book, which I usually like, except there was way too much meaningless drama, which I don't appreciate. The characters were stale and stereotypical, and not very well developed. The setting was good, but the plot was too predictable, and about unimportant things. I was also reading a book very similar to that at the time, called Luxe, which was much better, so the appeal of Vixen and the flappers was way less. I also did not get past the first chapter of Les Miserables because it's so wordy, but I hope to read the book later when I have more free time, because I loved the movie.