Time Travel discussion

Time Travel Author Forum > Advanced Reader Copies (ARCs) and prepublication chores.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nathan, First Tiger (new)

Nathan Coops (icoops) | 544 comments Mod
I have a book nearing the end of its editing phase and I am looking toward cover art and formatting for publication. Now is apparently the time to be sending out ARCs. I did not do this on my first book so I could use any advice available on this process. Have you made ARCs for your books? How did you decide who to submit them to for review? Any good tips on bloggers or reviewers who like to review time travel? Any and all tips appreciated.

message 2: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Michael Lewis (timothymichaellewis) | 101 comments I used a service called StoryCartel on my first book and I got about 20 reviews across all platforms from it. You pay $30 and they give copies out for free to people and offer a prize to people who review the book, that is about all I did to elicit reviews.

message 3: by Amy, Queen of Time (new)

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
Nathan:

You might look into Amazon Vine. One of the qualifications now on Vine is that, if a Vine member orders a book, they only have 30 days to review it. If a Vine member has left any item unreviewed for 30 days, they can't get any new items to review. Thus, Vine members are more discriminatory in picking which book they want to read, but it also gives you a better chance of having your book reviewed once someone does choose it. There aren't that many promising titles currently available for Vine members in the science fiction category that aren't book #7 of a series, so when there are interesting stand-alone sci-fi books, they tend to get snatched up fairly quickly.

Rysa has her book available there, so you might ask her what's involved.

message 4: by Nathan, First Tiger (new)

Nathan Coops (icoops) | 544 comments Mod
Thanks Timothy, I'll investigate that.

Amy, that is a great idea too. I will definitely try to get on board with that. I already have one awesome "Vine Voice" review for ITLT. :)

message 5: by Lincoln, Temporal Jester (new)

Lincoln | 1290 comments Mod
Oh man I was jealous of viners...probably should beef up my reviews to be considered, but yeah a 30 day deadline and keeping up with the monthly reads here...is not possible for me. I spoke with a girl who said she read the Lord of the rings trilogy and the hobbit in a four day time period...How?! I am really enjoying Harry August and feel like it will take me a full month to read and really enjoy it.

message 6: by Amy, Queen of Time (new)

Amy | 2210 comments Mod
Lincoln wrote: "Oh man I was jealous of viners..."

Don't hate me because I'm a Viner. *ducks* I think I was chosen just because writing Amazon reviews was my #1 online hobby back in the early 2000s before GoodReads came along. Now it's finally paying off a decade and a half later in Christmas presents for my daughter. Delayed reaction karma.