BookTube 2018! discussion

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)
This topic is about The Diviners
BOTM Discussions > The Diviners by Libba Bray

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Raquel (Rocki) (raquelgabrielle) | 188 comments Mod
Description: Evie O’Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City—and she is pos-i-tute-ly ecstatic. It’s 1926, and New York is filled with speakeasies, Ziegfeld girls, and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is that she has to live with her uncle Will and his unhealthy obsession with the occult.

Evie worries he’ll discover her darkest secret: a supernatural power that has only brought her trouble so far. But when the police find a murdered girl branded with a cryptic symbol and Will is called to the scene, Evie realizes her gift could help catch a serial killer.

As Evie jumps headlong into a dance with a murderer, other stories unfold in the city that never sleeps. A young man named Memphis is caught between two worlds. A chorus girl named Theta is running from her past. A student named Jericho hides a shocking secret. And unknown to all, something dark and evil has awakened.

Discussion: Along with your book review video, please post a couple of thoughts on the book. If you need help as to what to post here are some basic questions to get you started.
1. Who is your favorite character?
2. How is the setting significant?
3. What is the overall message of the book?
4. Would you recommend this book to others? Why or why not?
5. Anything else that comes to mind :)

No spoilers please (unless they are placed in the spoiler warning (view spoiler)! Some people may not have read this book and we don't want to ruin it for them. Also, please be respectful of other people's opinions. Not everyone will love the book, but we still need to be open minded for a good discussion :)

Yep it's no problem. I wish I could read this, this month. But I am participating in Nanowrimo so I'm not really reading anything this month. But I hope to pick it up in December. I have been wanting to read this ever since it came out.

of course my username on there is rocki21